Doite Team Owner: Driver for 2013 Not Finalized (1 Viewer)

Whoever it is better insist on a contract. Dote seems to be the most disloyal team in drag racing right now. :(

Firing the only driver to get them to the Semi's. I mean, I'm a big Larry Dixon fan but come on....

So you had a driver but, as she said, had "spoken to many drivers over the last few months"

Doesn't sound like a safe seat.

Whoever it is better insist on a contract. Dote seems to be the most disloyal team in drag racing right now. :(

Firing the only driver to get them to the Semi's. I mean, I'm a big Larry Dixon fan but come on....
Samuel, Just how much money did you invest in the Dote Family Racing Team? Some people on here fall in love with drivers and think they do no wrong, but they have no idea of the inner workings of the team where personalities don't always mesh. Who was Hillary driving for the two years before the Dotes gave her the opportunity to drive for them? Remember the golden rule.....The ones with the gold make the rule!

Not the same, Ken Black parked the car which is the only reason she eventually left that team. A little different than being fired....

He parked it and she sat for two years was the point I was trying to make.
Drivers need to bring money. KB Racing was hoping a young female drive could get funding to keep the car going. I'm sure the Dote family thought the same. It just isnt easy to talk companies out of 3 mil to run a fuel car.

"Dote confirmed Leah Pruett is not a lock on the 2013 driving gig."
After watching Dote playing musical seat, I really do believe the LOCK part of the above quote.:rolleyes:

Even at the nitro level, drag racing is a business that teaters on the brink of being a hobby. Only the best truly have a business, and some pretty decent ones (David Weekly comes to mind) only when their "real business" can prop them up a little.

The Dotes are filling a critical role by being out there at all. Not liking or appreciating the realities of business is one thing, but wishing them bad luck borders on being childish. I seriously doubt Hillary wishes them bad luck, and if she doesn't why should you?

I feel bad for Hillary put larry Dixon has a lot of Provenance behind him a proven champion and has been an ambassador for the sport for a long time which could equate to sponsorship dollars for them

Last edited:
I feel bad for Hillary put larry Dixon has a lot of Provenance behind him a proven champion and has been an ambassador for the sport for a long time which could equate to sponsorship dollars for them

Let's be honest here.....Larry is going to be in the car for 3 races, he's doing it for seat time and to help with his own marketing efforts. Larry wants to win and his long term goals are to put his own top-tier team together, not stay with a team with limited finacial backing and a mediocre car.

In the mean time, the Dotes will get a great driver for a few races and Larry will hopefully find a marketing partner for his own team......but I would be willing to guarantee that this is not going to result in long-term sponsorship dollars for the Dotes. JMO.

Michael I'm a huge Dixon fan, and don't know anything about the Dotes. However, from a purely business sense, they are miles ahead of Larry. They have the infrastructure in place, you know what he'll need to spend just to get that done? Before he ever turns a tire? It's not easy for anyone. Larry has the experience, ability, personality, titles, etc. and he is still in the booth. The Dotes have an operation, with a car that qualifies and runs well, but have yet to attract a major backer. Just a tough deal to chase, always has been, always will be. I hope the Dotes are out next year racing, but I also hope Larry can put a deal together on his own, because that would be another car on the tour. I think he does have shop space already though...:D

How is this any different than Herbert and Pedregon going thru crew chiefs.

i can't believe all the people who don't understand why the Dotes made a change. Look at Hillarys reaction times and tell me that is acceptable. She is a consistant .100+ and the rest of the drivers are .5-.6 .

i can't believe all the people who don't understand why the Dotes made a change. Look at Hillarys reaction times and tell me that is acceptable. She is a consistant .100+ and the rest of the drivers are .5-.6 .

Are you sure about that? I just went back through the races this year and only 3 times out of 11 rounds her reactions times were .100 or higher. That is less than 30% of the time and one of those 3 rounds with a .100 or higher reaction time she won the round. I am not saying she is mowing down the tree with Massey or Schumacher, but she is not a consistent .100+ like you classified.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back