Does Pomona deserve 2 weekends? (1 Viewer)

..........It isn't cheap to go out there $57.50 for a ticket online and parking $30.00 for pit side parking.....

Hi Jeff: To clarify for those that weren't there, I always park in the "General" parking area. It is currently $17.00. I assume the $30.00 charge is for the "closer in" parking (less of a walk to the gate).

Their ticket prices have gone up over the years like everything else, but I agree with some other posters that considering what it costs for stick-and-ball sports, concerts, etc, I think it is a fair price for 12 hours of entertainment (I get there REAL early!).

I love having two races a year at Pomona, and I hope that never changes. I try to go to both races every year, and sometimes for more than one day. Enjoy it while you can, folks.

I actually laughed when they showed the grandstands as "full" on the broadcast. from the angle they were shooting, it hides all the open spots.

I've only been to Pomona once, the Finals in '08. It was the first 1000' race at that track and they had the pit side, 1000'-1320' grandstands, closed. The rest of the pit side grandstands were pretty full and the GA grandstands no longer in use were about half full both Saturday and Sunday. I had a great time and it sent a chill down my spine watching racing there. I do however feel that its probably time to scale back to one race there. Move the Winters back to their original season opener slot and move the finals to Vegas.

@Paul Songas and I have a buddy Pete who had a great idea. Hold the finals in Vegas and at the end of the day, put all of the champions in convertibles and open SEMA with the champions rolling into the convention center hoisting their championship trophy's and jackets and kick it all off with a big ass party open to the fans. The finals have moved around over the years anyway (Dallas, Ontario, OCIR, Pomona, etc), so it's not as historic as the Winters IMO. Additionally, that would open up a weekend at the track for a regional.
I think that's a GREAT idea!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back