Does anyone here use Ethanol? (1 Viewer)

JL

Nitro Member
What needs to be done? Can it be run like gas, or more though an alky type set up? Do you need to make a cam change?

I am running a high compression motor with 116 octane, will there be gains?

The air fuel is about 7 to 1 as opposed to 14 to 1 with gas.
The rubber parts are different, the alcohol eats the standard.
The cam probably is fine but you can run a lot more compression. I think even more w/aluminum heads.
Yes, more power, I guess.

I went from gas to ethanol this year and I didn't change a thing other then larger injectors. You don't need to change fuel lines or any other item in your system as long as you have the fuel pump to supply it. I do believe you need to run a different carb (sorry, I am a fuel injected guy) but there are some on the market now that can support the increase in fuel volume. The average that I have found is you need to increase fuel 30% to 35% from gas. Air/fuel will vary depending on your application, you can't say what a range will be because every motor is different.

In my testing, I have seen an average gain of 8% to 10% more power. This is all on E85, not pure ethonal or E95 like most place sell.

You might get in touch with Dave Slatten, I believe he's been running it since last year.

thanks guys, I just thought it might be a good ecological and economical decision...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back