does any one have any nhra pit photos then post them here im just looking for v gaines eddie hill kenny bernstein cruz pedregon and more thanks (1 Viewer)

BIG in the lanes, not the pits....

AT00GO3.jpg

This is the Top Gas car Big ran at Indy. The engine was a Dodge 426?? Car ran pretty good.

sum old ones from cordova. mid 70's. owners name of gold digger mustang (standing next to car on rite)? help you chicago guys ...... les richter? and did dale creasy sr. drive it? and was gary bolger involved with it? ........i looked it up. it was bud richter and gary drove it.

Attachments

• Cordova70s.pdf
    374.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
BIR started out parking the pros in single file along road course, and some in grass. in the track's 2nd incarnation of pro pit parking, there were diagonal asphalt patches installed
as shown here. guessing year was around 1990? you can see the guardrail in left lane that was installed after gary ormsby's 1989 wheelstand into left side angled barrier that
was at the time still the entrance to the road track pit stalls
BIR_90's.jpg

BIR early 90's.....KB and Eddie were 1988. eddie was shooting an ad for driving shoes i think? someone was there taking professional pics of him.

Attachments

• BIRnorthstars1.pdf
    437.4 KB · Views: 55
BIR....early 90's.....TJ's little sis wendy in SC dragster.....JF cabover mite be 1988

Attachments

• BIRnorthstars2.pdf
    384.2 KB · Views: 54
BIR....early 90's....v. gaines lower left.....this was my all time fav O body......the orginal was the nitromater body. this mite have been 3rd or 4th body design?

Attachments

• BIRnorthstars3.pdf
    400.5 KB · Views: 39
Anyone remember a AA/FC out of Cleveland, OH. I believe it was called Golden Nugget a Mustang body time was 1973.
Driver's name maybe Larry? He had a bad crash and the team I was on bought some parts from him. I was fresh out of high-school
at the time.

Anyone remember a AA/FC out of Cleveland, OH. I believe it was called Golden Nugget a Mustang body time was 1973.
Driver's name maybe Larry? He had a bad crash and the team I was on bought some parts from him. I was fresh out of high-school
at the time.

I remember that car well. Potter was getting that thing dialed in and was ready to compete with the big guys. Then he crashed in Lakeland FL and I believe that was the end of his drag racing career. I remember standing on the fence at Dragway 42 at about 1,000' when he made a test run. He shut off early but it was apparent that the car was marching really hard.

I wish I was a little more savvy at this computer thing. I could flood this thread with old pics...…..

Is it as simple as scanning the photos into the computer, then bringing them in with the "attach files" button at the bottom of the posting window?

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back