Dixon and no air time (1 Viewer)

I guess my "question" thread could be merged to this one. Wondering the same about the way things seem to be going.
BTW, I made a WTF post about this on the ESPN message board & it was deleted almost immediately.
If bringing a totally new sponsor to the sport, qualifying in the top half of the field, and having some of the best runs of the last sessions isn't note worthy,what is?:confused: :mad:

Long time drag fans are undoubtedly not going to be pleased, but following the NASCAR lead in successfully highlighting drivers is probably a smart marketing move. With the success of Driving Force and the attention Ashley Force has received in the media in recent months, it's probably a good bet that there are many people tuning in who don't normally watch drag racing. I want teams like Dixon's to get the attention they deserve as well. But if highlighting the Force drama will ultimately help grow the fan base of drag racing, then I'm for it.

Folks should be careful what the wish for.... spectators in the pits will become a thing of the past if drag racing really grows.

Folks should be careful what the wish for.... spectators in the pits will become a thing of the past if drag racing really grows.

And if NASCAR is any indication, the price of a ticket for a seat in the stands will also grow. At the present time tickets to an NHRA national event are a bargain compared to NASCAR.

That definetly sucks for Dixon and team. The Force suff was a little overdone, but it is a CURRENT news item. What got me was having to watch "THE RUN" and Doug's reaction to it no less than 5 times. Last season was LAST season. Not to mention that we only saw ome round of PS qualifying, unless I missed something.

Bottom line is that JFR is apparantly the new "face" of the NHRA. Every NHRA print ad, commercial etc has them featured.

I totally agree... If NHRA becomes NASCAR big you won't be able to get into the pits anymore and see your favorite drivers.. OR you hated drivers...

Pits: Valid membership, White Pants, Pay for Pit Insurance, and don't forget to sign the disclaimer.... just like the good old days...:D

I would have to agree about Skytel but; where was the big press conference, media hype...ect. Pretty poorly promoted overall.
That being said....Do you really expect NHRA or ESPN to really cover anything else....No disrespect but; right now...Ashley Force is the NHRA story and let's all get behind it. I think you all will agree this attention (USA Today, ESPN Sports Center...ect) given to NHRA right now is excellent and is only doing good things for our sport.
Hopefully; when all is said and done, Ashley will recieve the attention that Danica recieved....I'm sure we (ALL drag race fans) would benefit.

(Someone) winning an event would change all that. You win a race or 2 - I don't care who you are.... people are going to want to talk to you and your name will get out there very quickly. Yes, it's all good hype for the sport, but the dust will settle in a few months... and we'll get back to racing.
I was thinking... Can you imagine a Sunday where we have 4 pro female winners? Like say maybe Sampey - Enders - Force - Troxel ???? THAT will be a friggin circus....... and it's a very real possibility.

Folks, get a grip on yourselves. It was the first show of the season and its only 2 hours less commercial breaks, they can't cover EVERYTHING in one show! The biggest stories will get the most coverage first, always has and always will whether its NHRA or the evening news. Our chosen sport actually got ESPN Sportscenter coverage today (for something other than a catastrophic wreck) thanks to the Force story and whether you're a JFR fan or not, that's GOOD for the sport. Now, if the one-sided coverage continues for a couple of races, you got yourself a point to make but to get your panties in a wad over one show is ridiculous, get over it and show a little patience, huh?
Slap!
(heard in the distance)
"Thanks, I needed that!"

Okie Tom, you're something special!

I understand all the whining..but look..when was the last time a Father & Daughter qualified for a National in F/C..hmmm?

This will be played out beyond belief. I'm only thankful because I believe the emotions are real..Ashley can't hide the fact that this is a kickass class..and John can't hide the fact that Ashley is in it.

Hey takes the heat off of Bazemore don't it..LOL (who I thought did excellent with his comment "We have a lot of work to do...getting me to do the right things..((paraphrase)))

Glad to see the oversight got corrected Sunday and I got a glimpse of the car , about 5 seconds worth. Ha Ha !
I mean after all they qualified in the top ten and are basically the same former winning combination .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back