Dixon and no air time (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
Wow what a slap in the face to this great team. Bring in a new sponsor and they don't even put it on tv. Yes they did make mention that he wasn't in the miller car but there was nothing said about Skytel. They didn't even show a qualifying run. I wonder if we will get to see them tomorrow? WTG NHRA and ESPN2 :mad:

I have to agree...I thought way too much time was spent covering the Force family saga...and I'm a big John Force fan.Not nearly enough coverage of the rest of top fuel or funny car.WTF ESPN???

I watched in my local watering hole (great way to explain drag racing to the novice)... On top of the fact that there is NO volume (read: no Paul Page :D ), I find I am anylizing the passes without the outside influence of someone telling me what's going on (I do tape them and watch with sound later and see how close I was to what was being said). The first thing I noticed was WAY TOO MUCH FORCE :mad: ... John. Ashley. More Ashley. John... Let's go to Top Fuel and tell you more about Ashley's third pass... Sheesh..:rolleyes:

Not enough on the new rides, especially Prudhomme/Dixon and Whit... Skytel is probably pissed...

I have to watch with sound to see why the front end failed on the UPS car officially, but Pomona is not a place I would want to be in that situation.. Great driving job, BTW..

If ESPN and NHRA is going to continue to pander to the newbie tuning in and watching for the first time, this is going to be difficult to watch at the end of the year when the Welfare Points system kicks in and the Family Force story goes into overdrive- is there another network that the experienced fan can watch to get around all of this?? ;)

I hope Sunday is a little more "diverse"....or else this is gonna be a LONG season..

Miller must be happy. They got as much coverage without paying a cent as they would've if they were still the major sponsor.

No Ait Time as in a Dumb Basket ball game that was 85 to 53 and they let it finish LMFAO.. good deal to me to figure out didn't win. lol

The way who picks what team is getting air time is like a roll of the dice unless your the force camp. I am happy for Ashley. but come on let see each team make SOME runs. I would split up 2/3 of the teams from each of the sessions and shuffle them around so the people who PAY the Bills to a NON Profit get a fair share of time. the control people need to figure out who is really watching.. it's NOT NHRA.. If I had my company name on a car and didn't see it make one run.. I'd yank it fast off the car.

that does stink! i wanted to see the car. again , its doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure out why its so hard to find a sponsor and why tons of big sponsors stay away from drag racing :mad: :mad:

ESPN, and half of the drag racing community will be riding the nuts of team Force all year.... Zzzzzzzzzzzz I think it's great Ashley is out there in a F/C, but at the end of the day shes just another driver in the class.... Hopefully the Force cars will go out early, so other teams can get some air time. Lets see there is Driving Force, now ESPNS NHRA coverage will be of the Force cars.... 'AWESOME' :rolleyes:

Can't believe Larry got no coverage that car has ran well all weekend... what a cop out!

Mike

Does NHRA have some sort of a deal with SkyTel's competitor that factors in? Reminds me of the Erica Enders deal with Revive Energy drink. If that's the case with Dixon, Snake needs to rise up and raise a little hell in Glendora.....

And yes, the Force family drama is waaaaay overdone. They beat that horse to death didn't they? :mad:

Does NHRA have some sort of a deal with SkyTel's competitor that factors in? Reminds me of the Erica Enders deal with Revive Energy drink. If that's the case with Dixon, Snake needs to rise up and raise a little hell in Glendora.....

And yes, the Force family drama is waaaaay overdone. They beat that horse to death didn't they? :mad:

Yes they did.... before testing even begun, and I guess we better get use to it.... Thank god for Bob and Alan and the audiocasts! Before anyone jumps on me, I think it's cool to see Ashley out there... But there are other teams and drivers....

I thought it was just me. I thought maybe I missed his passes, but based on your threads, I guess I didn’t. I did hear the line, "first time Larry hasn’t been in a Miller car and has Skytel as their sponsor." BUT THAT WAS IT. As others have mention….too much Force, but I guess we better get use to that, because that will be the par for the year. Also, no slam against Bazemore (he’s one of my picks), but when you compare his career with Dixon’s……a two-time champ gets ZERO air-time?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! First the friggin points system, then this…. I guess I will watch Force Today…..er…..NHRA Today this morning and see if they even mention Larry’s name. How PERFECT it would be that Larry wins the race.

I was just talking to my brother about that very thing !
I don't remember even see him run nor have I seen the car.
Been busy lately and wanted to be surprised [ Overwhelmed ] by the new paint and sponsors.
THAT SUCS !
Not taking away from John but he doesn't need the boost !
Not so for the rest of the field.

I thought it was just me. I thought maybe I missed his passes, but based on your threads, I guess I didn’t. I did hear the line, "first time Larry hasn’t been in a Miller car and has Skytel as their sponsor." BUT THAT WAS IT. As others have mention….too much Force, but I guess we better get use to that, because that will be the par for the year. Also, no slam against Bazemore (he’s one of my picks), but when you compare his career with Dixon’s……a two-time champ gets ZERO air-time?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! First the friggin points system, then this…. I guess I will watch Force Today…..er…..NHRA Today this morning and see if they even mention Larry’s name. How PERFECT it would be that Larry wins the race.

I really hope Larry goes rounds today, but then this time last year David Baca went rounds and all the way to the finals and got nothing!!!

I also noticed that Larry got no video air time at all. Did you also notice how long after Kenny B. DNQ'ed that they actually put his interview on air? I think they were already into another class.

Folks, get a grip on yourselves. It was the first show of the season and its only 2 hours less commercial breaks, they can't cover EVERYTHING in one show! The biggest stories will get the most coverage first, always has and always will whether its NHRA or the evening news. Our chosen sport actually got ESPN Sportscenter coverage today (for something other than a catastrophic wreck) thanks to the Force story and whether you're a JFR fan or not, that's GOOD for the sport. Now, if the one-sided coverage continues for a couple of races, you got yourself a point to make but to get your panties in a wad over one show is ridiculous, get over it and show a little patience, huh?

I have to agree...I thought way too much time was spent covering the Force family saga...and I'm a big John Force fan.Not nearly enough coverage of the rest of top fuel or funny car.WTF ESPN???

I agree also. I just hope it will not be like this all season. I was looking forward to seeing the new Skytel car along with others. Just way too much Force. It seemed like after every commercial it was back to check on the Forces. I guess it was great if you were tuning in just for Force but I never really had a doubt that all of his cars would make it in the show. :rolleyes:

I agree it is the first show and I agree that there is too much to cover and too little air time.

That said, Snake is one of the best known drag racers ever and Miller was a huge sponsor of the sport for many years. I think with all the coverage last season of "the end of the beer wars" it is simply unthinkable that they could find 15-30 seconds of air time for Snake and Skytel. I don't know such a failure could be presented as an "oversight".

Time marches on and hopefully the Skytel team will have the fortune to replace a few shots of Force's family on tonights broadcast.

My kids and I were all revved up for the new season and I had no idea ESPN and NHRA were airing thier own "Driving Force".

No Dixon, No Troxel, many cars we didn't even lay eyes on?

I love the Force's but the broadcast last night was way wrong for the other pro teams and thier new sponsors :(

I'm still trying to figure out where the press releases are...there seem to be none...not just for here...but anywhere....We had a pre race for TJ then there has been nothing else out of the Snake camp. Are they just keeping a low profile or is it just that they are behind on getting things together.

I know JF is high strung but if this guy keeps this up for long he's going to have a nrevous breakdown or a heart attack! WOW! He's unbelieveable. I agree that there was way too much focus on the JF family and we won't need anymore Driving Force episodes it'll all be on NHRA! I didn't get to watch NHRA today. Was that all about the Force family too?

Carol

I was thrilled to death that Ashley qualified. I loved seeing John snottin' and bawlin' after the run. I loved seeing Laurie & Ashley wiping tears from their eyes. But I believe most of that attention would have been better suited for a Driving Force episode, rather then taking up valuable National Event coverage with all of it.

Welcome to professional NHRA Drag Racing, Skytel.... but, sorry, we ain't a gonna show you much durin' qualifyin'.

In my opinion, every single new sponsor should have been given a decent amount of exposure during this kickoff for the 2007 season.

Hope Snake takes this up with someone. ;)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back