Did we really land on the Moon? (1 Viewer)

Being in Nevada and seeing it's many strange things, I'd explain some of this to you, but Anne gets real cranky with me, when the black helicopters start coming around our place. ;) carry on....:D

I swear Jean, I have never seen ANYTHING weird in the eastern sky while running 395 at night, and I don't even know where a mail box is on any state road north of Henderson...

do, do, do, do...... dooooooo

d'kid

A few months ago, the Chinese reported that they were planning a moon shot- if there was any government on Earth that has the bucks to actually do it, its them. It is inevitable that one of the missions is to FIND THE LANDING PADS OF THE LUNAR MODULES. There are quite a few of them (along with a rover or two) that should be littering the landscape up there, and it will be definiate proof of America's residence there (or not....:rolleyes:)

As a kid, I was completely enthralled with the space exploration. It was initiated by a martyred hero president, it had the coolest equipment (8 year old gearheads like ANYTHING that goes fast) that were badder than anything that Mattel could put out (remember Major Matt Mason action figures?), and as a military brat, all the aerospace pilots that my dad knew were pretty rockin guys.

I remember being glued to the TV for the launch, the landing and the splashdown. And I also remember watching the evening news from Viet Nam, a mere 10,000 mile away, and the images from there weren't the best quality either... So the expectation that video from the moon should have been any better quality than they were is kind of a ridiculous expectation. As opposed to the spectacular still camera shots, created on the best film Kodak had to offer and shot through the most technically sophisticated camera at the time. Those pictures SHOULD look as good as they do- definition, clarity and contrast had no reason to be poor. Bounce light reflecting off of the suit of the photographer astronaut could explain some of the perfectly backlit AND key (front) lit shots- no atmosphere allows for excellent white light wavelegnth transmission, and that light reflecting off of the bright white suit could explain that. What IS still a "mystery" is the disembarking astronaut in shadow being well illuminated coming down the ladder, even attributing for the, once again, highly reflective space suit and the bounce light coming back from another, nearby lunar gray surface. The only thing is that ONLY the astronaut is bright, not the lander. Any directed key or fill light would have inevitably shown on the ladder or surrounding areas.

Finally, with rocket propulsion, there should not have been a flame blast- pretty sure they used Hydrogen Peroxide rockets on the lander (think Sammy Miller's R/FC- no flame, LOTS of whoosh..)

That said, the registration marks obscured by objects were obviously the results of retouching- early, and poor, attempts at Photoshop long before the advent of PCs. The fact that, as Mike put it best, "because I'm the mommy & I said so" , NASAs lame non-explaination smacks of deception. Add that with the flag blowing excuse (sorry, but they were totally busted with that blunder- it was a starched flag that should have never moved like that without being affected by a breeze), the lack of stars on the horizon (although, horizon shots of stars against a light gray bounce surface...:rolleyes:... hmmm- as a lighting guy, I can kind of understand why they didn't show up..) and the lack of the lunar crater upon landing are all things that those of us in the 60's would never have been looking for, and obviously, neither were the artists at NASA.

I'm just waiting for China or Russia to take the trip, and all this doo-doo will hit the fan, or be a pretty large plate of it for all the "therorists" to chow down on...

Well, if man didn't land on the moon how'd all that stuff get up there? I have a 400mm zoom lens and I can see that cool car they left, some beer cans, a Big Gulp cup, and sandwich wrappers, but some say the sandwich wrappers are used condoms. Kids! What are ya gonna do?

why would it be needed, it's not like there was a camera on the ground recording the landing.... the video from the moon was pi$$ pour... about the same quality of an old 8mm. conversely, the moon photos were almost too good.

The outdoor shots could have been shot almost anywhere, Fallon, Groom, China Lake, Edwards... only issue I have is the lack of stars... any of those locations are unbelievable at night...

Look at what Disney was able to do in the mid sixties, and some of the stuff on TV in the early sixties... it was do-able with the times....

Still brings up the question, why haven't we been back? Thought the exercise was for a jump off point to the rest of the solar system...

d'kid

I agree with Doc, this stuff was true for 38 years, now all of a sudden it's Fake! I wonder if the Nazi death camps really existed? The Cold War totally fabricated? Heck I bet Adolph Hitler is still alive!:confused:

I agree with Doc, this stuff was true for 38 years, now all of a sudden it's Fake! I wonder if the Nazi death camps really existed? The Cold War totally fabricated? Heck I bet Adolph Hitler is still alive!:confused:

You've missed the point, the moon landing has been questioned since the 70's...
The 'Cold War' happened, don't think I was trained on an NBC team for nothing. I've seen Death Camp tattoos on friends of my parents...

Did we go to the Moon? If so, Why did we stop? And why did the USSR back off from the Space Race and never do it? The whole thing was one of the only fun spots in the whole 'Cold War'

Go rent a copy of 'Capricorn One' to see how it could have been done...

d'kid

I see things on both sides. Could the lack of a crater could be due to less thrust needed to slow the craft down where there's less gravity? Also, could the lesser amount of gravity also make maneuvering a craft easier up there as compared to trying the same thing down here?

I'm open minded. What is obvious to me is that, as with many topics, most people seem to go 100% to one side or the other. I think that can obstruct your view, sometimes seeking a means to a foregone conclusion. Things in the movie seem obvious to me and things in the rebuttal link I posted at the bottom of the first page seem credible to me.

Yeah, that flag seems to blow an awful lot where there's supposed to be little or no atmosphere, a lot more than by what I think would be caused by input of the mens' hands on the poles, as the rebuttal link says.

I'm as patriotic as anyone but, I also realize we're talking about human beings in the government's background who might have put our taking the lead in the space race ahead of being honest.

Last edited:
...Did we go to the Moon? If so, Why did we stop?
Not a whole lot up there other than a nice view? :rolleyes:

...........And why did the USSR back off from the Space Race and never do it? The whole thing was one of the only fun spots in the whole 'Cold War'

d'kid

While we were driving around in muscle cars and enjoying 38 cent gas, they were having an issue with standing in 6 hour lines for toilet paper... And they didn't appreciate that some tin can jockey was going to have a better living situation on some dead rock than they were (though they weren't quite going to publicly voice it..:eek:)
My g/f's dad is retired from the Russian military, aerospace, and in some of the broken English conversations we have had about the Space Race, he said that the government looked at it as a defense expenditure, but wiser heads thought that a bunch more local ICBM's made alot more sense than spending the cash on something that was "Слишком дороге"

Last edited:

Maybe you should take a trip to Germany. They will let you visit Dachau. You get on the bus and everyone is friendly & chatty, as you get closer, people stop talking and it starts feeling grim. Nothing grows there still, it feels oppressive. There are no birds singing. It's eerie. You might even get to talk to someone who was there when they found the camp. They will tell you about it. About the documents they found that told about how they would tell the prisoners they are going to let them take a shower, and then load them into the gas chambers. About how after they were dead, they would walk over the bodies & pry the gold fillings out of teeth. Or maybe you might talk to someone who caught guards trying to escape to Austria with suitcases full of gold fillings. Not bags. Suitcases.

Somewhere in your travels, you might find someone who still has the tattoos. Someone who was separated from their family as a child perhaps. Someone who never saw their family again and will never find out where they wound up.

It's not a joke. I don't believe everything everyone tells me. I have a hard time believing my government has my best interests at heart. (okay, I don't believe that one.) But the concentration camps happened. No hoax and anyone who says they were are extremely ignorant of just what people will do.

Maybe you should take a trip to Germany. They will let you visit Dachau. You get on the bus and everyone is friendly & chatty, as you get closer, people stop talking and it starts feeling grim. Nothing grows there still, it feels oppressive. There are no birds singing. It's eerie. You might even get to talk to someone who was there when they found the camp. They will tell you about it. About the documents they found that told about how they would tell the prisoners they are going to let them take a shower, and then load them into the gas chambers. About how after they were dead, they would walk over the bodies & pry the gold fillings out of teeth. Or maybe you might talk to someone who caught guards trying to escape to Austria with suitcases full of gold fillings. Not bags. Suitcases.

Somewhere in your travels, you might find someone who still has the tattoos. Someone who was separated from their family as a child perhaps. Someone who never saw their family again and will never find out where they wound up.

It's not a joke. I don't believe everything everyone tells me. I have a hard time believing my government has my best interests at heart. (okay, I don't believe that one.) But the concentration camps happened. No hoax and anyone who says they were are extremely ignorant of just what people will do.

Georginna, I only used the Nazi camps as an analogy of how naive and ignorant people can be about World and American history! I remember watching the Apollo 11 footage on TV as a kid, and I don't think the Government could pull of the Biggest hoax in American history! I guess this means that Neil Armstrong, Alan Sheppard and Buzz Aldrin were all in on it as well!

...I guess this means that Neil Armstrong, Alan Sheppard and Buzz Aldrin were all in on it as well!

"You all will be the most famous humans in the history of civilized mankind. If we really send you, you will die. Take this deal, be forever heros, and just let us take care of all the details.."

Sound like a plausable conversation to a group of big ego rocket jockeys? ;)
Or even to a group of dedicated, uber-patriotic Americans?

Georginna, I only used the Nazi camps as an analogy of how naive and ignorant people can be about World and American history!

Joe, I can accept that. I just have no humor about it and it is a touchy subject with me.

Actually, now that you bring it up... ignorance is another one I'm likely to go off on. I think I just need to get off line and go for a ride and chill awhile.

Georginna, I only used the Nazi camps as an analogy of how naive and ignorant people can be about World and American history! I remember watching the Apollo 11 footage on TV as a kid, and I don't think the Government could pull of the Biggest hoax in American history! I guess this means that Neil Armstrong, Alan Sheppard and Buzz Aldrin were all in on it as well!

Let's talk about Catholic priests. Let's talk about cocaine coming back in the caskets of Vietnam war dead. Sometimes the best way to hide something is right under peoples' noses in the most unlikely place. Sometimes the best way to be dishonest is in a way that people wouldn't want to believe. I dated more than one girl when I was younger who said she was a victim of molestation and, often family members would call them liars because they didn't WANT to believe the possibility.

I know you're not referring to the people who question what they see because of reasons, not due to anti-American bias, as being naive and ingnorant. I love what this country is SUPPOSED to be about but, to say that individuals couldn't orchestrate a hoax?

Nazi camps reminds me of my girlfriend's folks' neighbor in Jersey. A German-American who denies that the Holocaust happened. Another neighbor down their street was a W.A.C. who tells me stories because I love to hear them. She says because of the other woman's age, she would have HAD to be a member of the Nazi Youth, that she wouldn't have had a choice. You think there might be a little bias in her Holocaust stance?

Let's talk about Catholic priests. Let's talk about cocaine coming back in the caskets of Vietnam war dead. Sometimes the best way to hide something is right under peoples' noses in the most unlikely place. Sometimes the best way to be dishonest is in a way that people wouldn't want to believe. I dated more than one girl when I was younger who said she was a victim of molestation and, often family members would call them liars because they didn't WANT to believe the possibility.

I know you're not referring to the people who question what they see because of reasons, not due to anti-American bias, as being naive and ingnorant. I love what this country is SUPPOSED to be about but, to say that individuals couldn't orchestrate a hoax?

Nazi camps reminds me of my girlfriend's folks' neighbor in Jersey. A German-American who denies that the Holocaust happened. Another neighbor down their street was a W.A.C. who tells me stories because I love to hear them. She says because of the other woman's age, she would have HAD to be a member of the Nazi Youth, that she wouldn't have had a choice. You think there might be a little bias in her Holocaust stance?

When some can prove to me the Apollo landing was a hoax, I'll surely listen. But what I'm hearing here sounds just like the Government was behind 9-11 B.S!:confused:

When some can prove to me the Apollo landing was a hoax, I'll surely listen. But what I'm hearing here sounds just like the Government was behind 9-11 B.S!:confused:

Agreed, do you REALLY think that the government is SMART/SHARP enough to pull off a fake?

Let us think about this...

Intelligence of the government...

vs

the Intelligence of the engineers and professional pilots that conducted/flew the missions...

'nuff said.

You conspiracy theorists had best provide some FACTS to persuade me.

EDB

Agreed, do you REALLY think that the government is SMART/SHARP enough to pull off a fake?

Let us think about this...

Intelligence of the government...

vs

the Intelligence of the engineers and professional pilots that conducted/flew the missions...

'nuff said.

You conspiracy theorists had best provide some FACTS to persuade me.

EDB

I think Too many people in this country have Far too much time on their hands!

Like I said, for most of my life I've heard the occasional "We didn't really go to the moon" person and I always brushed them off as someone mentally unstable seeking attention for themselves. I've KNOWN crazy people who do that.

That film gives reasons. I see people who seem to go overboard due to bias on either side and I see what seem to me to be credible opinions on either side.

I'm in the middle on this one. Again, that flag seems to wave an awful lot where there's not supposed to be an atmosphere. That input from the hand/pole explanation doesn't seem sufficient for what I see with my own eyes.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it but did they use any experts to refute the claims of the moon landing that were not biased to begin with? In other words didn't they asked us to take the word of people who don't believe that we landed on the moon as fact. If that is the case are these people credible?

I wonder how this makes Neil, Buzz and Mike feel seeing their life's legacy questioned in the interest of sensationalism?

This is like saying Ray Ghio Jr. never sanded?

I wonder how this makes Neil, Buzz and Mike feel seeing their life's legacy questioned in the interest of sensationalism?

This is like saying Ray Ghio Jr. never sanded?

Sanded what? There's nothing left except for the dust....:D

(Sorry Ray- I couldn't help myself buddy...)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back