Did we really land on the Moon? (1 Viewer)

a 44 minute video? I'm from the MTV generation. If you can't convice me in three minutes or less forget it.

nothing remotely like that Joe.

strange thing is, we haven't even attempted another mission to the moon in the last 30 years...

strange thing is, we haven't even attempted another mission to the moon in the last 30 years...

That is because no one else has gone. If the USSR or China had done it then we would go again. Think of it as a competition about who has gone the most... :cool:

Since no one else has gone there, and there isn't anything cool, why go back?

EDB

Those photo crosshairs and intersecting shadows are hard to argue with. The dead outspoken guy and his missing 500 page report?

If you knew a secret that big that you knew the government didn't want out, what do you think your life would be worth? How would you like to be the people whose job it was to kill them? Likewise, you knew you killed high profile people for the government and could talk. I think the only safe ones in that chain starts with the ones they sent to kill those killers, because they didn't know who they were killing.

The naysayers were specific in their reasons and the NASA guy gave nothing but general answers with all the right adjectives. Just listening to that guy had me p*ssed in no time. He acts as if he's talking to cattle.

I always thought the people who thought we didn't land on the moon were nuts. Never saw those kinds of specific details about it before.

If you listen to the words of the astronauts, talking about how the moon's surface was just like one of our deserts. I know that one of the tricks to being a good liar (not that I've ever had to lie to government officials in the trucking business or anything...ahem...I've learned from and been trained by the best) is to always include a little truth in what you're saying. It actually helps in order to convince yourself to act natural. You have to at least believe part of what you're saying. People who don't do that are obvious. They'll do too much of one way or the other, either acting too friendly or nervous.

I actually picked that one up from listening to Terry Nickle's words, who is the guy who says he helped train Bill Clinton on how to lie before he was Governor of Arkansas. He said Bill was the best learner of the trade that he ever worked with. A natural.

The only people I lie to are those who I believe lie to me. It often seems like the only way I can level a playing field, and I only do it for that purpose when I think I need to.

Last edited:
You know, no matter which way you want to believe there's some pretty good arguments.NASA's rebuttals were rather weak I thought.Kinda reminded of "because I'm the mommy & I said so" I thought the photographic argument was rather interesting. Hell,it doesn't matter, we'll never find out for positive anyway we'll just kinda keep arguing that like the lone gunman theory.(JKF for you youngings;))

You'll eventually believe what you want to believe but there comes a point where you have to trust some information because you can't see with your own eyes and touch with your own hands evidence of everything that happens.

For me, I'll always have a propensity to believe the common consensus before Oliver Stone, Michael Moore or the conspiracy theorists that loom at every event looking for a way to twist facts. Problem is, they too, have their following so we'll never know. History eventually depends completely upon the recorded script of the historians being preserved in purity. On the other hand, these historians are all human so we are back to the exercise of faith/trust/belief. For me, I believe the Bible as far as it has been translated correctly but I wasn't there. I also know that many don't believe it. I also believe Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Mike Collins landed on the moon before I'll believe some conspiracy theorist trying to sell a bill of goods similar to those who dispute the Bible? Only one group was actually there themselves to say it was or wasn't true? Why believe the group that wasn't there?

Before watching the video I would have argued the point that we did land. After seeing the video I have some doubt that we ever landed on the moon. The photo cross marks, the shadows, no crater from the engine blast when landing. Even when the lunar module took off you could clearly see no type of engines firing. They made a good point about the Radiation belt located 500 miles into space. Pretty much said no one would survive going through it but we made it through safely 6 times with out one person getting radiation burns. I have often wondered why the space shuttle hasn't taken a trip further out into space. The Radiation belt explains that one pretty good. I for one have always been fascinated with space and will continue to explore the universe.

Shannon

I'll admit that I've always thought of the moon doubters as being people who already had anti-government bias (much like my own in many areas! LOL) who were just using the moon as a vehicle. I mean, it was such a big deal growing up that I would have thought anything else as being unpatriotic.

Seeing those shadows and how things are backlit are pretty big. Things on those pictures being in front of crosshairs when everything else on the same pics are behind them is huge, IMO.

I do have to wonder about statements about the moon having NO atmosphere. Wouldn't it have some due to gravity? Wouldn't any gases in space that got close enough be drawn in?

I've always thought it seemed preposterous that we could have landed on the moon back then with the techonlogy that was available.

Everyone has their opinions and honestly I never really thought we didnt land on the moon until about 10 years ago when I found out the truth. I have an astronaut in the family (if I stated his name you would recognize it) and while at a dinner one night he slipped big time. Swear, if I'm lying I'm dying.

Here's a page that does a much better job of taking that film point by point than the NASA guy did.

The Moon Hoax Debate

I think I'd have to disagree with this based on what I saw. It did NOT look like the motions of the flag were being caused by the hand holding the pole.

This I find to be one of the more ridiculous observations. It is readily apparent that all the video showing a fluttering flag is one in which an astronaut is grasping the flagpole. He is obviously twisting or jostling the pole, which is making the flag move.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Soundstage used for when the Apollo 11 crew landed, the special effects used dwarf anything Hollyweird had at the time.

why would it be needed, it's not like there was a camera on the ground recording the landing.... the video from the moon was pi$$ pour... about the same quality of an old 8mm. conversely, the moon photos were almost too good.

The outdoor shots could have been shot almost anywhere, Fallon, Groom, China Lake, Edwards... only issue I have is the lack of stars... any of those locations are unbelievable at night...

Look at what Disney was able to do in the mid sixties, and some of the stuff on TV in the early sixties... it was do-able with the times....

Still brings up the question, why haven't we been back? Thought the exercise was for a jump off point to the rest of the solar system...

d'kid

Does it bother anyone else that for 38 years it was true but now it's not?

There's an entire culture also completely convinced that the Holocaust never happened but that it was contrived by the Jewish people to make the Nazi Germans look bad. They've gone as far as to initiate the removal of such from history books based upon their "information."

unfortunately i think our gov't. has always been in the business
of deception; so any valid arguments against accepted fact usually
will have an audience.

the one that bothers me is the footage of (plane?) into pentagon on 9/11.
i have other ideas about our presence in iraq too, but will leave them
for another thread.

Nope Bobby, I've wondered about it since the Mid 70's about the time I watched a movie being filmed on the 'back side' of NavMag Subic. Ya'll might remember it, "I love the smell...."

but then, I started questioning everything about the same time I raised my right hand... not everything I saw with my own eyes was what was reported in the media...

d'kid

Being in Nevada and seeing it's many strange things, I'd explain some of this to you, but Anne gets real cranky with me, when the black helicopters start coming around our place. ;) carry on....:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back