Did anyone notice? (1 Viewer)

mgty3whlr

Nitro Member
They must have painted it Saturday night after qualifying. Watching Elims. today and noticed the stars and stripes on the blue borders on each side of the starting line. They weren't there for Saturday's qualifying.

The track looked good today, none of that yellow paint. Thought the TV show was pretty good, started 11 AM Arizona time, ran to around 3:10 PM. Story of the day was Jack Beckman winning F/C. He said that he was in the Air Force in 1986 when the track opened. He & a friend drove to Dallas from base in new Mexico to see the first race, and how all these years he has wanted to win at Dallas. From his remarks, I realized he was stationed at Cannon AFB, close to Clovis, NM. I knew that base. I was stationed at Walker AFB in Roswell, some years earlier. Glad Jack won. He is such a historian, he realized this would be the first Wallys for Camping World. Also noticed the winners lifting the Wallys & you could see Camping World on the bottom. Start of a new era, as Jack said.

Last edited:
I thought all the racing was fantastic, and I too was glad Beckman won, for the reason you mentioned Cliff and also since he is most likely parked next year. And, Brad Plourd won Comp in his AA/AM!! I was supposed to go to that race, but I would have had to quarantine after getting back to NY. Would have been a good one to attend.

I wonder just how quick Brad Plourd can go in that altered. Did he run a 5.9 something maybe last year? I think he slows it down so he won't murder the index. Love those altereds!

Did anyone else notice Beckman had duct tape on his shoulder. Must have been something about Mello Yellow.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back