Diaper Rules For Next Year (1 Viewer)

Earl

Nitro Member
I hope you guys don't flame me for asking this bottom bulb bracket racer question here, but no one I have found can answer the question.

If you are running quicker that 9.99 I understand you have to have a diaper, or an oil containment pan, but the question is, Does the diaper have to be SFI'ed if your slower that 7.50...???

If anyone can help, thanks in advance. Just trying to get all the parts and peices together for next year...

Earl

I hope you guys don't flame me for asking this bottom bulb bracket racer question here, but no one I have found can answer the question.

If you are running quicker that 9.99 I understand you have to have a diaper, or an oil containment pan, but the question is, Does the diaper have to be SFI'ed if your slower that 7.50...???

If anyone can help, thanks in advance. Just trying to get all the parts and peices together for next year...

Earl

Per NHRA

Oil-retention Device
Beginning Jan. 1, 2007, all Comp competitors will be required to have an oil-retention device meeting either SFI Spec 7.1 or 7.2. For Jan. 1, 2008, the same rule will apply for Super Gas, Super Comp, and any E.T. vehicle running 9.99 or quicker or 135 mph or faster. NHRA is developing an implementation strategy for an oil-retention device meeting the SFI specification for the reminder of the NHRA Lucas categories.

So, yes, you will need the SFI Diaper.

Justin,

Thanks a bunch.... Well no one said that racing would get any cheaper...:)

Earl

This is a great question... My car runs 7.90s, and the way I read it online in the story, is that only cars running 7.50 and faster need them. Did I read that wrong?

This is a great question... My car runs 7.90s, and the way I read it online in the story, is that only cars running 7.50 and faster need them. Did I read that wrong?
Justin, I read it the same way you did. My car runs 8.30s--wonder what the straight scoop really is. Can anyone help?

Last I heard it was for 9.99 and 135MPH and quicker, but they're looking at NHRA approved vs. SFI. NHRA approved would be cheaper but yes or no depends on who you ask :confused:

I don't have the 2008 rulebook with me, but from what I remember reading last night, the online version is a little different than the rulebook wording.

I would use the rulebook as gospel for now.

Phew, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it meant all Maters would have to wear a diaper when attending a national event.:eek: I'm not quite ready to make that move yet.:D

When I purchased my diaper from Champion Racing Engines at Indy this year, I raised the issue of SFI. The man who runs Champion Racing Engines told me, he was on a commitee that lobbied NHRA to ease the requirements for sportsman racers.The conclusion of the meeting was NHRA Approved was ok for 7.50 and slower. I haven't seen the rulebook for 2008.

When I purchased my diaper from Champion Racing Engines at Indy this year, I raised the issue of SFI. The man who runs Champion Racing Engines told me, he was on a commitee that lobbied NHRA to ease the requirements for sportsman racers.The conclusion of the meeting was NHRA Approved was ok for 7.50 and slower. I haven't seen the rulebook for 2008.
Is your Champion diaper SFI certified?

Phew, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it meant all Maters would have to wear a diaper when attending a national event.:eek: I'm not quite ready to make that move yet.:D

Maybe they have mandatory checks of kids under 2 to make sure they are wearing a Diaper?:eek:

National Dragster has a company in the ads in the back that advertises NHRA Approved for all sportsman cars for 2008. Not SFI and the company also makes SFI diapers also. Plus quite a bit cheaper for us slower guys.

The DRE Engine Diaper

According to 2008 rulebook;
Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman - Permitted, i.e. optional
Advance ET - 7.49 & quicker - Required, may use belly pan
Comp - Required, may use belly pan
I think I'll make a belly pan, the only expense will be the non-flammable, oil-absorbent liner.

Anybody where I can get the liner?

According to 2008 rulebook;
Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman - Permitted, i.e. optional
Advance ET - 7.49 & quicker - Required, may use belly pan
Comp - Required, may use belly pan
I think I'll make a belly pan, the only expense will be the non-flammable, oil-absorbent liner.

Anybody where I can get the liner?

The diaper manufacturers should have replacement pads. Champion does, I think they were $10.00.

Champion Racing Engines

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back