Denver and Brainerd postponed (1 Viewer)

Is it for sure that JFR is sitting out the season? I haven't seen any official announcements yet.

Why is it a joke? Because you don't agree with trying to run races? JFR made the right call for their own personal reasons (lack of sponsor $$). Whoever wins the championship won't have a marker by it. Did anyone back in the 70's get a marker next to their title? If running them all at Indy keeps the sport going, is that a bad thing? Not sure what point you're trying to make other than you think the NHRA should have folded up shop and put a ton of people, teams, and sponsors out of the sport for the year.
Exactly. Who’s to say how many events make it a “season”? It looks like at the very least we’ll end up with 5 after the next Indy race, the sport started with less, and decades later got to 24, but for many years along the way it was way less than 24. And, so far, I believe even with some teams missing, we’ve had full fields, so it’s been very competitive.

Is it for sure that JFR is sitting out the season? I haven't seen any official announcements yet.
Drive by their shop and it looks like it has been abandoned. No offical annoucement, but you can put 1 and 2 together and see it equals 3 without someone telling you officially.

Why is it a joke? Because you don't agree with trying to run races? JFR made the right call for their own personal reasons (lack of sponsor $$). Whoever wins the championship won't have a marker by it. Did anyone back in the 70's get a marker next to their title? If running them all at Indy keeps the sport going, is that a bad thing? Not sure what point you're trying to make other than you think the NHRA should have folded up shop and put a ton of people, teams, and sponsors out of the sport for the year.
Only thing I'm concern for the tracks that didn't make their race are able to survive . I'm glad that Indy is having races and hope it helps NHRA bottom line. Financially it's been a bad year for Drag Racing .

What is interesting to me is that a lot of small tracks are doing well with big $ ET racing. You can see a lot of races on computer from those tracks. Xtreme Raceway in Texas had that Pro Mod & alky F/C race and they seemed to do well. Divisionals have big car counts & I'd think the track would make $ based on what the racers have to pay. I do worry that some small tracks may not make it. The 1/8 mile seem to be doing OK. BUT, like Jesse says, concerns for the tracks that didn't have their annual Nat'l event. That race usually carries the track for the year. arghhh

Only thing I'm concern for the tracks that didn't make their race are able to survive . I'm glad that Indy is having races and hope it helps NHRA bottom line. Financially it's been a bad year for Drag Racing .
I don’t know if these events are helping NHRA’s bottom line, I feel like it’s probably the opposite, with 2-3k spectators in attendance.

I don’t know if these events are helping NHRA’s bottom line, I feel like it’s probably the opposite, with 2-3k spectators in attendance.
Well the point that NHRA owns Indy helps some I don't know their operating cost.

Yeah it a joke! Don’t like it? That’s your opinion. Get over yourself!

Yeah it a joke! Don’t like it? That’s your opinion. Get over yourself!
No sir, get over yourself. You're the one who is having a hard time accepting the NHRA is trying to keep the sport afloat during a very difficult situation. I applaud them and their efforts. The easy thing to do would be just to give up, furlough everyone and come back next year and hope the sponsors and teams come back.

BIR wasted no time. sportsman race for same weekend as cancelled nat. event already in place.

T
No sir, get over yourself. You're the one who is having a hard time accepting the NHRA is trying to keep the sport afloat during a very difficult situation. I applaud them and their efforts. The easy thing to do would be just to give up, furlough everyone and come back next year and hope the sponsors and teams come back.
It certainly isn’t looking good now is it?
I simply stated that I think they should scrap this season and by the looks of all these event getting canceled and even Indy’s event in question it just make sense! No need to be a tool!

T

It certainly isn’t looking good now is it?
I simply stated that I think they should scrap this season and by the looks of all these event getting canceled and even Indy’s event in question it just make sense! No need to be a tool!
and I simply said that good for them for trying to make something out of a bad situation. Will they get enough races in to determine a championship? Who knows, but the COVID numbers are certainly not trending in the right direction.

INDY is a NHRA owned track. Being restricted to 5,000 spectators they are losing money and can only continue for so long. 50% of NHRA's income comes from spectators. Now having Seattle, Brainerd and Kansas cancelled and with the Virus not slowing down there certainly will be more tracks having to cancel. NHRA is already having a very bad year financally. Will be interesting what the rest of the year brings but it sadly looks like a whole lot of "NOT GOOD".

Last edited:
and I simply said that good for them for trying to make something out of a bad situation. Will they get enough races in to determine a championship? Who knows, but the COVID numbers are certainly not trending in the right direction.

Lockdown is only putting off the inevitable. This virus will be with us from now on.
Just like the flu. It’s unfortunate but a fact non the less. It has. 99.74 % survival rate.
Vaccines aren’t a cure they help you build antibodies so when you do contract it the symptoms are reduced. I firmly believe in the herd immunity theory but those with underlying conditions should take the necessary precautions.

Lockdown is only putting off the inevitable. This virus will be with us from now on.
Just like the flu. It’s unfortunate but a fact non the less. It has. 99.74 % survival rate.
Vaccines aren’t a cure they help you build antibodies so when you do contract it the symptoms are reduced. I firmly believe in the herd immunity theory but those with underlying conditions should take the necessary precautions.

This is NOT like the flu! How many times over the last 50 years have you seen the hospitals at max capacity because of the flu? The people who were in the hospitals and survived after 2-4 weeks on a ventilator who will not be the same physically again I bet will also say this is not like the flu. And with a vaccine we can eliminate the virus just like we did with Polio in the US.

It may not be looking very good for future fan attended events in Indy. IMS announced today that the Indy 500 scheduled for Aug 23rd will run with no spectators.

Shoot! There goes my August vacation. :(

This is NOT like the flu! How many times over the last 50 years have you seen the hospitals at max capacity because of the flu? The people who were in the hospitals and survived after 2-4 weeks on a ventilator who will not be the same physically again I bet will also say this is not like the flu. And with a vaccine we can eliminate the virus just like we did with Polio in the US.
Most doctors don’t want to put their patients on ventilators! Now why is that?
This virus has a .03 percent death rate and a 99.75% survival rate! I know it not like the flu!
But it a virus! There is no cure for viruses!
So the likelihood is everyone will contract it!
So I stand by my herd immunity statement!
But people with underlying conditions and older people should take the necessary precautions! Having people stay in shelter is only prolonging the inevitable!

Most doctors don’t want to put their patients on ventilators! Now why is that?
This virus has a .03 percent death rate and a 99.75% survival rate! I know it not like the flu!
But it a virus! There is no cure for viruses!
So the likelihood is everyone will contract it!
So I stand by my herd immunity statement!
But people with underlying conditions and older people should take the necessary precautions! Having people stay in shelter is only prolonging the inevitable!
Bob I read a lot of your posts, and I have to say, save some exclamation points for the rest of us!!!!! 😄

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back