Denver and Brainerd postponed (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know if the season will continue ? Lots of rumors sayin no
Anyone who tells you they "know" is lying. It is pure speculation. If you look at the remaining schedule and the states planned to race in, the only one you could reasonably put a bet on being canceled is Pomona. For all the others I think it will depend on what the capacity limitations the states put on the race and whether NHRA and/or local track operators feel it is financially viable to run the race at that capacity. Of course, capacity limitations will depend on the Covid situation in each state as it gets closer to the race date.

I agree on that completely and if NHRA has to do 17 races at indy, they will do 17 races at indy. NHRA Finals at Indy. Be ready..

Brainerd staged a Trans Am race weekend before last, but they were able to spread the spectators out along the length of the road course. They won't have that luxury with the drag race.

there is now a PDRA scheduled @ VMP. the state has a dem. governor
nhra is currently running all it's nationals @ IRP. the state has a rep. governor
clearly there are governors that respect what is on the line for their state's small businesses. (and clearly those that do not)
much applause to states that are working hard with covid laws to enable a semblance of normal business.
take note of this at election time.

17 Races at Indy is better than 0. I would rather watch the same track 17 times than have the teams sitting and no racing. I hope they make it to other tracks but if it doesn’t happen, at least there is quality racing going on.

article on complus regarding the court case with bandimere....... 'significant risk of irreparable harm' ....... how many months were local grocer and box stores open sans masks?
The judge also rejected a counter claim by Bandimere Speedway which argued that the state and county health orders are "illegal and unenforceable," because she said it was an issue for another court because her job is not to make laws, but rather enforce them. ....... how about interpret the law?

article on complus regarding the court case with bandimere....... 'significant risk of irreparable harm' ....... how many months were local grocer and box stores open sans masks?
The judge also rejected a counter claim by Bandimere Speedway which argued that the state and county health orders are "illegal and unenforceable," because she said it was an issue for another court because her job is not to make laws, but rather enforce them. ....... how about interpret the law?

Grocery store were follow guideline and in compliance. All Bandimere had to do was count the number of people coming in, make signage indicating distance between people in lines manage where people sat in the stands. They did none of this and thats why they were in court.

I agree on that completely and if NHRA has to do 17 races at indy, they will do 17 races at indy. NHRA Finals at Indy. Be ready..
Could maybe run finals in Vegas if the Vegas race two weeks before is run everybody already there

Grocery store were follow guideline and in compliance. All Bandimere had to do was count the number of people coming in, make signage indicating distance between people in lines manage where people sat in the stands. They did none of this and thats why they were in court.
thanks for the clarification wayne

So I talked to Bandimere today. I guess they have a plan in place with the county in which they could do the Mile High Nationals. Not sure of the number of spectators allowed but much less than capacity. However they could only do it through the month of September due to the weather getting cold in October. Unfortunately there are no current open weekends in September. So if another track can’t do it (Reading, Charlotte, Gainesville or St Louis) they might be able to slide into their date.

October here (Denver) can definitely be a gamble. I’ve seen nearly 90* sitting in the sun at a Broncos football game one year, then blowing snow another year. A perfect scenario would be to run the pro cars up here on a nice cool fall football-type of weather in the low 70’s. I’ll the watch the forecast and let NHRA know 😀

October here (Denver) can definitely be a gamble. I’ve seen nearly 90* sitting in the sun at a Broncos football game one year, then blowing snow another year. A perfect scenario would be to run the pro cars up here on a nice cool fall football-type of weather in the low 70’s. I’ll the watch the forecast and let NHRA know 😀
You just never know. In the 90s they ran a second division race at Bandimere and it was in September. I was standing in the staging lanes and it was spitting snow.

You just never know. In the 90s they ran a second division race at Bandimere and it was in September. I was standing in the staging lanes and it was spitting snow.
I've been there in Aug when snow cover the ground then melted. Weather is unpredictable in foothills and mountains.

You can now add Topeka to the postponed events! With no revised date!
I think JFR made the right call to sit out the rest of this joke of a season!
If does reach a conclusion whoever wins the championships will have a marker by them!
What the entire season gonna run in Indy! LOL 😂

You can now add Topeka to the postponed events! With no revised date!
I think JFR made the right call to sit out the rest of this joke of a season!
If does reach a conclusion whoever wins the championships will have a marker by them!
What the entire season gonna run in Indy! LOL 😂
Why is it a joke? Because you don't agree with trying to run races? JFR made the right call for their own personal reasons (lack of sponsor $$). Whoever wins the championship won't have a marker by it. Did anyone back in the 70's get a marker next to their title? If running them all at Indy keeps the sport going, is that a bad thing? Not sure what point you're trying to make other than you think the NHRA should have folded up shop and put a ton of people, teams, and sponsors out of the sport for the year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back