Del's Fuel System (1 Viewer)

parrotwhisperer

Nitro Member
Yesterday Jim O posted a video on Facebook where he mentioned changes made to Del's fuel system that had contributed greatly to their recent performance gains. During testing at Indy they made the same changes to their other cars with good results. He said Dell and Don Jackson had come up with a valve that eliminated three other components and saved 9-10 pounds. The new "All Valve" makes for a much more simplified fuel system. The new system "gets fuel in the way we want it" and is easier to tune and obviously runs like stink. Does anyone know any facts about this new system?

Last edited:
I just asked on Kalitta's Facebook page. Let's see if they shed some light on this or if they tell me "if we tell you, we'll have to kill you."

Check Rob Flynn's page. Rob posted it August 29. I just checked it and it is still there. The image you see is Jim and he talks for several minutes about testing. Sorry I am not sure how to link to a FB post.

Donnie Bender is headed to California to spend time with Don Jackson on this valve/system. He will be kinda sorta a field rep for the "all valve". At least that is the way I understand it. Anyway, maybe we can learn more when he gets back east which is supposed to be about a week. Santos put this system on his car and it hauled butt!

Go to FB and search Rob Flynn posts. Scroll down to August 29 posts. There you will see a beautiful picture of Jim O. Click it and as if by magic the video will appear.

Go to FB and search Rob Flynn posts. Scroll down to August 29 posts. There you will see a beautiful picture of Jim O. Click it and as if by magic the video will appear.
I've looked, it's not there. I've checked both his personal acct and his FB page, nether show anything for that date. Which one is it on? If it's his personal acct then it has to be set to public for me to see.

Maybe Alan can shed some light on this, he has a lot of knowledge as to what the teams are up to. Unless of course he is also sworn to secrecy. I am tempted to call Don Jackson, but I get the feeling that would not be cool.

Rob Flynn shared Kalitta Motorsports's live video.
August 30 at 7:15pm ·Try this. It is there as of 6:40 PM Eastern Sep 20, 2016. I cannot explain how it moved from the 29th to the 30th. I have no idea how FB dates posts. It was the 29th when I gave directions before. If it is not there for you I am sorry. I will never mention a post on FB again!
That link worked, thank you! I'm guessing the different dates are because of the time it was posted on the Kalitta page and the date Rob shared it. Since I'm not friends with him I couldn't see the link he shared to the Kalitta page.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back