Del has a BOOMER (1 Viewer)

per DRC Del "chose" to not run the last session. Wonder what shape the car was in at the call "to the lanes?"

I was sitting in the "Creature Bleachers" just past the finish line on the Budwieser side of the track and pieces of the body were falling all over! When he went by us his backend was at least four foot off the ground! When that happend it reminded me of Louie Allison going over the wall in Jack Ostrander's Top Fuel Dragster around the same spot at the World Nationals several years ago. I was just glad that Del kept it off the wall and was okay!

didnt he have one like that a few years bak(mightve been the mountain dew body) except for he hit the wall?

Very strange! Appeared to be little damage to the block and blower was still on the car in finish line shot. Probably a good decision to sit out round 4 and try to figure out what is going on. Could have been much worse.

I believe he vaporized the Mountain Dew body on it's first and only pass.

The Mountain Dew body didn't vaporize but it did go about 40 feet into the air. They pulled the decals off that car and stuck them onto a regular CSK body for the remainder of the weekend.

Last edited:
The Mountain Dew body didn't vaporize but it did go about 40 feet into the air. They pulled the decals off that car and stuck them onto a regular CSK body for the remainder of the weekend.

That is correct. I remember it now that you mentioned they stuck the decals on the CSK body.

From the Startingline it looked almost as bad as Capps from Dallas a few years back. But from the finishline cam it didn't look that bad at all IMO. Not like his Boomer at Maplegrove, that was Nasty!

Nasty explosion for sure. Did anyone else catch the track workers running for their life after the explosion.:eek: I always thought those guys were nuts to stand along the track as the cars thundered by anyways.

The view from the starting line was even more impressive than the shots from the top end of the track. From the front you could see the blower pop and the front of the body open up to let the 300 mph airflow explode the rest of the body. From the rear, all you saw was the body suddenly explode, sending pieces in every direction. The engine damage was really relatively minor, but air pressure grenaded the body.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back