Dead Air? (2 Viewers)

i was downstairs so i just rebooted maxine....

yeah i name my puters

my first was cassandra, then i replaced her by roxanne...
and now maxine... who just got a new monitor yesterday

psm up now... heading to the batcave... i mean chat room

d'kid

Can any of you techies give me some ideas on how I can get the audiocast working?

I haven't been able to get anything for a while now. Last week I threw in the towel and sent a message to tech support. I finally got an auto reply long after the event was over. It was useful information like "make sure your volume is turned up".

As far as I can tell, I can listen to anything in the world on this computer except for NHRA's audiocast. So I replied to their auto reply, giving them more information (yes my volume is turned up). Three days after the event was over, they sent me a second equally useless message, like "make sure your volume is turned up AND you have speakers."

I could listen to all the audiocasts last year with no problem. I think somewhere along the way I must have opened some other program (youtube?) and selected a different default audio player maybe? I dunno... suggestions welcome. My volume is turned up, and YES, my computer is powered up. Yes, my computer has speakers too. :rolleyes:

Garry

You are logged in on Friday and Saturdays?

Foxfire or Internet Exploder?
If Foxfire, you installed that silly patch on the Player page?

and I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but you did push the play button? you'd be surprised how many times I don't, and start saying bad words. The player doesn't autoplay in Foxfire.

d'kid

Karl-
Yes, I'm a NHRA member, logged-in to NHRA.com and I'm running IE 7. I've clicked the play button a couple hundred times. I've tried right-clicking, left-clicking, swearing out loud... you name it. :mad:

Karl-
Yes, I'm a NHRA member, logged-in to NHRA.com and I'm running IE 7. I've clicked the play button a couple hundred times. I've tried right-clicking, left-clicking, swearing out loud... you name it. :mad:

Cussing usually don't help, but did you try clearing the cookies?

K'dubs, my resident 'puter guru, suggested that you load the latest version of media player.

I have found, since I've started using Firefox, I don't have a 1/10th of the issues using any on line media. I will say, the help page on the audiocast page has a lot of answers. The webcast does not support real player or quicktime.

good luck, but right now I'd reload media player, and let it set the default file associations.

and like Jenn said, clean your cookies.

d'kid

I just cleared all cookies and re-downloaded the latest version of media player. Crossing fingers...

Thanks both of you for your help! ;)
-Garry

IE7? if running any anti-virus or firewall... temp disable to see if thats the prob

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back