Danny rowe looking to double up in gateway (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1](4-1-2009) MADISON, Illinois – In the ultra competitive world of Pro Modified racing, especially that of the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenged sort, the ability to repeat, in terms of victory especially, is a really hard thing to do. The quickest and fastest doorslammers on Earth, unfortunately, are also some of the most humbling in the sport, but when Danny Rowe brings his Jimmy Rector-tuned ’67 Chevy Camaro back to St. Louis this weekend, makes no bones about it, it’s to repeat his performance in Houston and take home the win.

In just the third event of the 2009 Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx, the driver of the Sterling Bridge Pro Modified Camaro sits third in the world championship point standings, just a few rounds of the lead.

“We’re very excited to go back to St. Louis,” said Rowe, who was still riding high from his win at the recently completed NHRA Spring Nationals. “We had to endure a little misfortune last year at this event, but we were able to come back from a crash, with a borrowed car, and make it all the way to the semi-finals. We’ve got a lot of history here at Gateway and if the weather cooperates, I believe we’ve got a great shot at doubling up. We all know, though, that it’s easier said than done.”

Not only carrying the momentum of his Houston win into the race, Rowe has won at Gateway International Raceway before, back in 2001 during the inaugural season of the NHRA Pro Mod Challenge, and again in 2004 over Von Smith.

A lot has changed over the course of the last few years in Pro Mod, most noticeably the performance of these supercharged, alcohol-burning monsters. A five-second pass, still considered by many drivers to be the defining moment of their career, has seemingly become commonplace in the Get Screened America NHRA Pro Mod Challenge.

“It’s unbelievable,” started Rowe, “but I believe we’re quickly coming to a point where it’s going to take a ‘five’ from start to finish to win these races. If you look back at Houston, I think we only ran outside of the five-second zone once and it was a 6.01 in the final. I don’t think any of us thought we’d see the day, at least so soon, when it took consistent runs in the ‘fives’ to be competitive, but that day is upon us.”

SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY, May 1 - PROFESSIONAL QUALIFYING SESSIONS at 2:00 p.m & 4 p.m.

SATURDAY, March 28 – FINAL PROFESSIONAL QUALIFYING SESSION at 1:30 p.m. with ELIMINATIONS beginning at 4:00 p.m. Saturday afternoon and concluding on Sunday afternoon.

Please log onto Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030 for round by round race results.

Information regarding Danny Rowe Racing can be found at .: Danny Rowe Racing - Pro Modified :.

Attachments

• DannyRowe051_562412.jpg
    DannyRowe051_562412.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back