Danny Rowe ready for Pro Mod season opener (1 Viewer)

(3-10-2011) GAINESVILLE, Florida – After a recuperative offseason and pair of successful test sessions, Danny Rowe and the Sterling Bridge Pro Modified Team are ready to rock and roll at the NHRA’s annual East Coast opener – the 42nd annual Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals.

The first of 10 events on the 2011 Get Screened America NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series tour, the Gatornationals has served as a yearly performance barometer of the Pro Mod category, and Danny Rowe hopes to be the driver who sets the bar.

“More than anything, we’re excited to go drag racing,” says Rowe, checking in from the airport en route to Gainesville Raceway. “We’ve been testing, putting in the time, trying to adapt to the new rules for 2011, and come out swinging at the Gatornationals.

“We’ve seen this category grow every year, and it’s no different this time around. In terms of performance and professionalism, Pro Modified is at an all-time high. The best drivers, the best tuners, the best teams – they’re all out here competing in the Get Screened America NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series.”

Coming off a second-place finish in the 2010 points championship, Rowe feels he is well positioned to make a championship run this season, and well aware of the on-track performance that will be required to do so.

“We had a fantastic season in 2010,” says Rowe. “Our approach this year is no different than it has ever been – one round at a time. With Jimmy [Rector, crew chief] and this team, I’ve got all the confidence in the world. We want to go out there and qualify well, be at the top of the sheets, and then utilize our consistency and Jimmy’s horsepower to go rounds on race day.”

Given the continual uptick in performance seen in Pro Modified, Rowe is thankful not only for his team, but the loyal sponsors who have been a part of Danny Rowe Racing for years.

“Going into the start of the season, the kick-off here in Gainesville, I couldn’t be more confident as a driver – simply because of the people I have in my corner,” says Rowe. “We’re looking forward to an exciting racing season, and we’re ready to get after it. We want to come out swinging and make a statement here in Gainesville.”

The Get Screened America NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series will get underway this Friday, March 11th, with two qualifying sessions scheduled for 1:45 PM and 4:30. Qualifying continues on Saturday, March 12th, at 12:45 PM and the opening round of eliminations at 3:15. Final eliminations will begin on Sunday, March 13th, at 11:00 AM.

NHRA officials recently announced the 10-race television package for the Pro Modified series, which will air highlights and coverage of this weekend’s NHRA Gatornationals on ESPN2 and ESPN2HD on Saturday, March 20th at midnight.

Information regarding Danny Rowe Racing can be found at .: Danny Rowe Racing - Pro Modified :.

Attachments

• Danny_Rowe_Head.JPG.jpg
    Danny_Rowe_Head.JPG.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 21
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back