$ cuts? (1 Viewer)

Yikes! I just shelled out $400 for tickets to St. Louis, I will be slightly irritated if we only have 10 cars in each class show up.

I posted here a long time ago not to buy advance tickets for anything, not just drag racing. With the Covid climate down here in Florida I don't see the Gators happening, time will tell but we'll see in a few weeks.

If this true, there's more money in street racing. Maybe the Pro Stock drivers could start their own Discovery reality show "Pro Stock Outlaws", from strip to street racing.
Watch former NHRA drivers take on Memphis Street Outlaws and The 405 in a $100,00.00 winner take all.
Can you imagine??

I read an article with Doug Foley online somewhere yesterday. He pretty much lambasted the NHRA. Said they'll be lucky to have 10 car counts next year. Also said in his 10 years away from the NHRA, he never heard a word from them. Never inquired with him as to why he wasn't participating at all, or what it would take to get him back out to some events.

John Force had it right when he decided to pull the plug on racing in 2020
Everything is said has come true!

The NHRA is now in financial trouble and I am not sure what their next move for them will be.

Jim Hill

I posted here a long time ago not to buy advance tickets for anything, not just drag racing. With the Covid climate down here in Florida I don't see the Gators happening, time will tell but we'll see in a few weeks.
The only reason why I did it is because capacity is limited to 25%. NASCAR had a few races in FL recently with fans, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they have the Gators. Now, how many cars show up, that's very much in the air with the lower purse.

We know the FC ranks will be missing two cars next season; TJ’s and Beckman’s.
Did anybody hear Beckman, at the top end after the win, when he said he doesn’t know if he’ll ever race at Indy again?
That sounded to me like DSR hasn’t found a sponsor for that team.

I wonder how many racers will show up for the Gatornationals after the news of the cuts in the payouts.
I keep thinking about the Mello Yellow contract they have and even if they manage to fulfill the contract terms will Mello Yellow or any other sponsor be back in 2021

Somehow the coronavirus just took a back seat to the news coming out of the N.H.R.A. about the purse cuts.
Just a few weeks ago I had this funny feeling that the N.H.R.A. had no choice but to keep putting on events just to create cash flow in order to survive.

In order to stay in business, they need CASH FLOW from every event or the end is now in sight.

Jim Hill

[/QUOTE
Hard to argue with his observation. The only issue I have is the finger pointing at NHRA...its NOT NHRA's fault their income is significantly down. If their purse formula depends on spectator income from the weekend and that is down 75% at each event, it makes sense the easiest thing to adjust is the payout, as event support personnel/equipment are mandatory fixed costs...not saying its right, but it makes sense.
Now, if they are allowed back to 100% in 2021 and they keep the purses the same, then shame on them and let the uprising take place...but we need to give them a pass this year, as they are doing what it takes to race.

John Force had it right when he decided to pull the plug on racing in 2020
Everything is said has come true!

The NHRA is now in financial trouble and I am not sure what their next move for them will be.

Jim Hill
So you're saying Force was living off of the purse $$? lol Force's issues are much larger than lower purses, no sponsorship, no racing for JFR.

So you're saying Force was living off of the purse $$? lol Force's issues are much larger than lower purses, no sponsorship, no racing for JFR.
Paul,

I remember Snake sayings years ago that all owners take 20% of the sponsorship money and "why not"...I don't think that happens anymore, but I'm sure a team like Force's has just enough sponsor money to run the cars, with the purse $ paying driver/owner salaries.

Paul,

I remember Snake sayings years ago that all owners take 20% of the sponsorship money and "why not"...I don't think that happens anymore, but I'm sure a team like Force's has just enough sponsor money to run the cars, with the purse $ paying driver/owner salaries.
From what was said, only Peak and Monster (they were partial season) were committed to run this year, all the other sponsors jumped ship. John had no other choice but to sit on the sidelines.

Paul that is not what I am saying so please understand that when I said John Force was correct he had said that if I run on the cheap for less money it will only get worst once you agree to do that and he was correct it has now gotten worst with the payouts since he made that statement.

Jim Hill

We know the FC ranks will be missing two cars next season; TJ’s and Beckman’s.
Did anybody hear Beckman, at the top end after the win, when he said he doesn’t know if he’ll ever race at Indy again?
That sounded to me like DSR hasn’t found a sponsor for that team.
Well did you think Shoe was able to replace the Chandler funding for 2 cars that quickly? It's pretty recent news that it was announced those deals would be ending this season.

Well did you think Shoe was able to replace the Chandler funding for 2 cars that quickly? It's pretty recent news that it was announced those deals would be ending this season.
DSR knew the sponsorships were going to end several years ago, when it was announced the Chandler sponsorship was going to end in 2020. It's not like they learned last month that the sponsorship was going away.

DSR knew the sponsorships were going to end several years ago, when it was announced the Chandler sponsorship was going to end in 2020. It's not like they learned last month that the sponsorship was going away.
Well who knows if maybe he felt Doug was going to renew again? Either way, I think we can agree finding funding for 2 fuel cars will not be easy, especially with everything going on right now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back