Cruz's acceptance speech (1 Viewer)

Kelly, try a search with your tvo, it will search about two weeks in advance, some tvo's you can program to record if it ever comes on agian
I wish! Our po-dunk cable provider's dvr and guide is a HORRIBLE system. The searches are useless! It doesn't even consider the NHRA national events a 'series recording'. I have to program them manually.

We are very limited in our choices....we have two and went with the cable when we moved in over a year ago. I WILL be changing to DirecTV soon though!

According to Schmuck U here is the definition,

Schmuck, a Yiddish word, has a range of meaning depending on context. In its most innocuous use, a schmuck is a person who does a stupid thing, in which case "dumb schmuck" is the appropriate expression.

A schmuck's behavior ranges from pesky and inconsiderate, to obnoxious and manipulative. A schmuck's personality type ranges from jerk to *******.

Schmucky behavior also falls within a range of intentionality. Some schmucks carefully plan their bad behavior, some only a little, and some not at all. For example, the ******* may spend considerable time planning his bad deeds. In contrast, the dumb schmuck and the pesky behave badly without any forethought.

I stand by my first post.
So even though the show was edited..and even though he mentioned Rahn..but you didn't see it. You STILL stand by your flagrant bash?? Who's being schmucky here?

I'm kind of wondering the same thing myself,I've seen him interviewed lots and he seems like a real down to earth guy.

From what I've heard about the ceremony, Cruz is getting a free pass from the media.

Quite a few people in attendance told me his speech was up there with Paula Abdul's best moments on Idol - and even very comparable to the Miss South Carolina spiel earlier this year.

Nothing against him at all, but in this case editing seemed to help him a bunch.

If you watched the show you heard Cruz thank Dickie but not thank Rahn. People in attendance posted that he did thank Rahn, but it was edited out.

What is the average Joe supposed to think if they did not know the speech was edited?

I'm just saying.....................

If you watched the show you heard Cruz thank Dickie but not thank Rahn. People in attendance posted that he did thank Rahn, but it was edited out.

What is the average Joe supposed to think if they did not know the speech was edited?

I'm just saying.....................

sadly I would bet the average Joe doesn't know who is tuner is

When Cruz won at Richmond he gave Rahn lots of credit and even went off on a tangent about how Shirley might not like his team these days! Mrs. Racefan and I had to rewind it twice, we couldn't believe it.

It does seem people jump at a chance to be critical of Cruz. I think he is just very emotional about his journey. Think about what he has been through since his first championship. I would rather hear someone "ramble" on with true emotion than some sponsor thanking PC speech any day! :)

I'm kind of wondering the same thing myself,I've seen him interviewed lots and he seems like a real down to earth guy.

I've seen him interviewed several times too, and every time I saw him try to stick his foot in his mouth. After Scott's death he was tasteless in some of his remarks, after he won and went off on the rant about Shirley...the thing about Force and Sponsors...

I'm sure he's a real down to earth guy, I'm just not sure he's really that classy of a guy.

Cruz and company kicked everyones butt during the countdown...simple as that. The JFR/DSR teams should feel like 2nd place as they combine 8 funny car teams against the two Pedregon cars. Cruz is one of the best pilots out there...simple as that...and has the resources to get money as did his brother.
They are the Champs...according to NHRA and everyone I know.

I noticed at the last few races of the year, cruz would sign off from his interviews saying stuff in spanish - in all the years of his interviews, i wonder why this has only started now?
The first thing I thought was that it was a suggested marketing move by his sponsors to help reach the hispanic market?
For anyone fluent in Spanish, what is he saying at the end of most interviews? Is it the same thing each time?

Im a cruzer fan, but I liked him better when he was with McDonalds in the earlier days....he seems to have a few "Dubya Bush" moments in his interviews these days, and slips like the one about shirley...force (greedy, sponsor stealers, business ethics)....multi car teams....etc...makes him a bit harder to like after a while.

I noticed at the last few races of the year, cruz would sign off from his interviews saying stuff in spanish - in all the years of his interviews, i wonder why this has only started now?
The first thing I thought was that it was a suggested marketing move by his sponsors to help reach the hispanic market?
For anyone fluent in Spanish, what is he saying at the end of most interviews? Is it the same thing each time?

I don't know if it's always the same, but I've heard both he and Tony say "and this is por todos los latinos tambien" more than once. It means "and this is for all the latinos as well".

I don't know if it's a marketing push, or just a cultural pride thing, but I have no problem with it. If Urs wanted to say something in German (or French or Italian or Rumantsch -- all Swiss national languages) that's cool with me. Anything to broaden the base of drag racing is a good thing, IMHO.

I don't know if it's a marketing push, or just a cultural pride thing, but I have no problem with it. If Urs wanted to say something in German (or French or Italian or Rumantsch -- all Swiss national languages) that's cool with me. Anything to broaden the base of drag racing is a good thing, IMHO.

:confused: Oh crud! I thought all his interviews were in a different language! :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back