Cruzer/Delago (1 Viewer)

Long-time fan of Cruz and I hope this will be a good move for him. Delago's no dummy, I'm sure his knowledge will help.
Cruz has had a lot of advice from a lot of different crew chiefs, the question is does he listen to any of it?

Good decision and probably overdue based on the rate of success of this team.. I am probably one of the few here who likes what Cruz brings to the sport attitude, opinionated and say what you will but he is sure is determined and anything but vanilla.. Snap On obviously likes him and I am sure he takes care of all of his sponsors off track commitments in a very professional manner which is a big part of any sponsorship.. I am sure Brooks will land softly somewhere he is too talented not to. CC changes this deep into the season seldom yield instant results and I will be curious to see how Tommy D does in the time remaining in 2018

Opinionated and non-vanilla is one thing.... but Cruz just makes himself sound like a whiney complainer at times. He can change crew chiefs all he wants but at the end of the day, he is still Cruz.

I wish Tommy all the best. It's going to be hard to step into a mess and only have a week to get it all changed over how you want it and be ready to run in Brainerd.

Nope, I just don't understand how I've never had any interaction with you whatsoever except this unprovoked insult. I don't get too excited over trolls.

I’m made of rubber, you’re made of glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you. That’s the childhood saying that comes to mind when I read this thread.

Nope, I just don't understand how I've never had any interaction with you whatsoever except this unprovoked insult. I don't get too excited over trolls.

Hop over to the Capps/Head thread and you'll see butt hurt at it's finest. RG hurt his feelings over there, so don't take anything the hypocrite says personal. Trolling at its finest.

He's at an easy-going board like the 'Mater, because if acted like this over at a place like the 'Bullet, he'd get smoked. LMAO!!

Sean D

Opinionated and non-vanilla is one thing.... but Cruz just makes himself sound like a whiney complainer at times. He can change crew chiefs all he wants but at the end of the day, he is still Cruz.

Knew you'd take your shot at Cruz. As predictable as the sun rising in the East.

Can't think of a car Brooks ever ran that had any consistency. Hits a home run every 20 attempts. I Like Cruz a lot. Old school hard nosed racer. And actually a pretty cool guy.

Last edited:
Less "taking a shot" and more like "telling it how it is." I am not the only one who has the same thought process about Cruz's antics.

If you ever talked to the guy you'd better surprised. One of the easiest going guys to talk to in the pits

He's racing funny cars for a living and I'm not, he must be doing something right. I also got some new found respect for him from the interview last weekend when he said that he could have taken his sponsor money to any one of a number of teams and had a good ride but he wanted to do it his way, not just be a paid driver. Between that, his love of vintage fuel cars and his determination he deserves respect.

I think this will be a good move for all parties. DeLago has a lot to bring to Cruz's program, and Aaron will more than likely move to a TF team and do very well. He needed to get away from his situation, it wasn't turning around, now he has a chance to go start over somewhere.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back