Cruzer got a Tuner (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
Aaron Brooks will tune the Snap-On Funny Car for Cruz Pedregon in 2017.

I thought a Top Fuel team would pick up Brooks, particularly one that runs AJPE stuff.

Seems like that's the same thing you said about Ron Capps. Is there anyone you DON'T bad-mouth?
99% of the time those talking crap like Craig are those who don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. Trashing others without any substance to back up their point of view just helps them deal with their shortfalls in life.

Has any crew chief stayed with Cruz for a long period of time? Seems like he's a tough guy to work for to say the least.
Maybe not all-but some of them left for more pay. He doesn't have deep pockets like the others. I know a few times he has mentioned every time he gets a good one he loses them to the big dogs. If I remember right that was one of his reasons for learning the ins and outs of tuning it himself. That's a tough one to juggle by yourself as a team owner-just ask Wilkerson. Even if he could pay enough to keep someone there may be better job security moving to one of the big 3.

Last edited:
Has any crew chief stayed with Cruz for a long period of time? Seems like he's a tough guy to work for to say the least.
The two teams that seem to have revolving doors lately are DSR, and JFR. AJR, and Kalitta Motorsports has always been able to hang on to their crew chiefs a little better. When MLR started up they had a revolving door until John Stewart and then Aaron Brooks were hired.

This is nitro mater you don't have to be an expert you just have to have stayed at Holiday Inn Express.:)

So i guess the question is did you stay at a Holiday inn express ? Easy way out ...

Hugh, i don't think its ever a good idea to comet on things that could possible cause a problem to an Employee or an employer. DSR/JFR
Have you ever worked for one of them ? DSR?JFR ?

I don't know how anybody today can be a tuner and driver. Each of those roles is a lot of work on any nitro car.
Hopefully, Brooks can be of help.
I'm no fan of Cruz but the fact he has done it on his own is something to be admired. Same for Wilkerson.
Goodness knows NHRA needs all the teams they can get. Short fields suck.

Tobler hung around for awhile until Cruz lost his sponsor. Since then, Cruz has been the crew chief and he would bring in people to advise him. Before Tobler, I do recall Wes Cerny was around for a decent time. In the last 10 years what team hasn't had crew chief changes?

So i guess the question is did you stay at a Holiday inn express ? Easy way out ...

Hugh, i don't think its ever a good idea to comet on things that could possible cause a problem to an Employee or an employer. DSR/JFR
Have you ever worked for one of them ? DSR?JFR ?
To start with, I didn't comment on anything negative about anyone or any company so I really don't know where you are trying to go with this. I just pointed out the obvious which is that there has been a lot of movement with crew chiefs at a couple of company's... which is what seems to be the main discussion on most of the drag racing forums right now. No, I have never worked for DSR or JFR. But, a lot of my friends do and from what I see and hear from them, and from just being around DSR and JFR during the season I feel they are pretty good companies to work for. There are a lot of different reasons that makes crew chiefs move around and it doesn't necessarily mean that the company they left was bad. That being said...I agree with your advice and that's why you never see me discuss any inside info about any team, or driver, or crew member, until the information has been released to the public.

Last edited:
I don't know how anybody today can be a tuner and driver. Each of those roles is a lot of work on any nitro car.
Hopefully, Brooks can be of help.
I'm no fan of Cruz but the fact he has done it on his own is something to be admired. Same for Wilkerson.
Goodness knows NHRA needs all the teams they can get. Short fields suck.
I think it's pretty amazing what Wilk, Cruz, and Gary Densham has done in the performance area through the years while tuning and driving.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back