CPR changes (1 Viewer)

Hmmm? If Mr. Pedregon is going to pull either Mr. Medlen or Mr. Tobler out of retirement, I strongly believe that would take some very serious cash! Wish him the very best of luck.

Don't know if the comparison is fitting, but what would have been the result if Connie / Doug would have dumped AJ halfway through this season after a year and a half of poor performance???? May be JC is close to a good setup....

For all we know the release was a budget cut. The surprise could be someone not known as a full time crew chief. I assume his budget is not big enough to lure someone from retirement.

You guys kill me. Cruz has been with Snap-On for more than 30 years, and they just announced a 3 year extension.

He has full hospitality, owns (not leases) his race shop in Brownsburg the team has everything they want or need, and you guys have decided he has budget issues?
He's doing OK, believe it or not.

I have spoken to quite a few people who have worked for Cruz, all of whom speak highly of him as an employer. Yet somehow some of the people here think they know what's going on inside his organization.

If you are a true student of the game then you should know that this stuff ain't easy. Many teams work for years trying to find the magic, and when they do, you try to hold on to it as long as you can.

Cruz knows how it works, he is trying to find the right chemistry. He hired JC and the whole team. He bought the car from DSR that TJ had been driving and the guys were comfortable with and stuck with the plan for three years. Three years! It's not like he started piling pressure on after three races.

Not blaming anybody, but it wasn't working. So you try something else.

Just my opinion,
Alan

1700676152498.png

You guys kill me. Cruz has been with Snap-On for more than 30 years, and they just announced a 3 year extension.

He has full hospitality, owns (not leases) his race shop in Brownsburg the team has everything they want or need, and you guys have decided he has budget issues?

I have spoken to quite a few people who have worked for Cruz, all of whom speak highly of him as an employer. Yet somehow some of the people here think they know what's going on inside his organization.

If you are a true student of the game then you should know that this stuff ain't easy. Many teams work for years trying to find the magic, and when they do, you try to hold on to it as long as you can.

Cruz knows how it works, he is trying to find the right chemistry. He hired JC and the whole team. He bought the car from DSR that TJ had been driving and the guys were comfortable with and stuck with the plan for three years. Three years! It's not like he started piling pressure on after three races.

Just my opinion,
Alan
Alan--I'm surprised that you never remember that we know everything that's going on before and better than any of the drivers or nhra staff. Thats why you end your posts with"just my opinion" and we don't

Just my opinion,
Alan
While I agree a lot of people pile it on Cruz when they have no idea, if you’re referring to my post mentioning his budget, you’re reading too much into what I said. Every business has budget cuts regardless of finances. It was all speculation. We were trying to guess who the surprise would be. To hire a retired crew chief, my only point is, I assume, would take a huge amount of money to get these people out of retirement. They all left big teams, so why else would they come back. I never ever said he had budget issues. He’s always had one of the nicest operations out there. I was only speculating to the point that others were, as usual, insinuating he had a falling out with another crew chief, it could have been a number of reasons, which is none of our business, but we have every right to discuss it, but it seemed everyone wanted to focus on one reason, so I was trying to point out other potential reasons. For the record, I would assume you don’t know if Snap-On extended their deal for the same amount. If they agreed to more he may have decided to spend more on a crew chief or if it was less he could have decided to tighten things up.

Since I retired I'm getting bored. I'm actually thinking of applying for a job at Home Depot just for something to do. Maybe Medlin's "Home Depot" has "Snap On" on the doors.
At least Home Depot will probably not be as big a grind as the Snap-On gig. You’ll be home every night. 😉

John Collins will not be out of work for long. It wouldn‘t surprise me at all if he is Paul Lee’s next crew chief. There are so very few experienced tuners available I’m sure a number of teams would add him.

John Collins will not be out of work for long. It wouldn‘t surprise me at all if he is Paul Lee’s next crew chief. There are so very few experienced tuners available I’m sure a number of teams would add him.
Could do the ole switch like tasca and shoe did

Who has Medlen been helping lately?

I'm pretty sure Medlen was helping Paul Lee. Note that Paul Lee ran in the 3.80's for the first time at the NHRA Finals at Pomona.

I'm surprised that Medlen would go onboard with Cruz since it was reported a while ago that Medlen wanted to slow down and retire. All that travel when following the Big Show tour can get real old. So I imagine he will be more of an advisor and may not attend all the races in person, but work via phone for some of them.

I'm pretty sure Medlen was helping Paul Lee. Note that Paul Lee ran in the 3.80's for the first time at the NHRA Finals at Pomona.

I'm surprised that Medlen would go onboard with Cruz since it was reported a while ago that Medlen wanted to slow down and retire. All that travel when following the Big Show tour can get real old. So I imagine he will be more of an advisor and may not attend all the races in person, but work via phone for some of them.
I guess it’s hard to retire if you love your job. I know nothing about that. When he retired from Capps, he didnt want to be at the shop in Brownsburg during the week. Even if he attends all the races he could still be back at home in California 300 days a year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back