Courtney Force testing at Route 66 (1 Viewer)

Along with, Alexis, Zippy, Shumacher, Gray, Beckman, Hagan, Thiel, Allen Johnson, Tommy Lee in Krisher's car, Steve Spiess, Joey D. And Bartone, in a nostalgia car....

Alan

BTW, also posted interviews with zippy and del. later this week an interview and test video from alexis dejoria. talked to beckman and john. spreading things out a bit.

And a really nasty storm came through the area this morning. I'll bet that got their attention.

the storm got my attention. i shot some video of it around 8am and put it on my facebook page. but, by the time i got to the track around 10:30am it had cleared up and by the afternoon, it was sunny and hot! gotta love the chicagoland weather! LOL

the storm got my attention. i shot some video of it around 8am and put it on my facebook page. but, by the time i got to the track around 10:30am it had cleared up and by the afternoon, it was sunny and hot! gotta love the chicagoland weather! LOL
All hell broke loose about 5 AM here in Cedar Rapids yesterday. I woke up to the tornado sirens going off followed 30 seconds later by the power going out. :eek: Some areas several miles north of us had straight line winds between 110 - 130 mph! The town of Vinton looks like a tornado went through it, trees down everywhere and lots of roofs missing and damaged.

I was sure glad that our pit was already tore down. I had just put our pit scooters in the trailer when all of a sudden it turned dark, and by the time I closed the doors, and walked to the front of the truck, all hell cut loose. I looked over at Dom Laganas pit, and their easy ups were being ripped apart, and their pit was being thrashed. As I was just getting there, John Oberhofer, and some of the Kalitta crew came around the corner with some straps, to tie down Laganas awning, or it would have been ripped off the trailer. I got the canvas off of Melanie Troxels easy up so it could survive, and then we all put straps on Melanies awning, and then we tore down Laganas destroyed easy up frames before they scratched up their truck. Then all of a sudden here comes an oven on a cart, and it ran in to a parked car, and the oven door went flying. We never did figure out what hospitality trailer it came from. Thanks to Oberhofer, and some of the Kalitta crew, the awnings survived. I can't say the same for some of the pro-stock team awnings though.

Last edited:
I wonder what will happen after Courtney does get her license, and Ashley decides she wants to come back. Do they add 2 more FC's? Or does somebody get the boot?

I wonder what will happen after Courtney does get her license, and Ashley decides she wants to come back. Do they add 2 more FC's? Or does somebody get the boot?

IIRC, you can't have more than 4 cars in one class. So with that in mind, I'm assuming Zippy would go back to tuning John giving us John, Robert, Ashley and Courtney driving for JFR.

Also, John had this to say in a new article over at Comp Plus.

“I went over to Ashley’s car and work with Dean “Guido” Antonelli. I won most of my championships with him working under Austin Coil and Bernie Fedderly. It only made sense that I went with him and Ron Douglas. He will be tuning Courtney’s Funny Car."

With John saying that Guido will be tuning Courtney's car, did he, in a roundabout way, say that Ashley won't return next year? She could have a different tuner but I can't help but think if she was coming back, she would jump right back in her old car and team.

We'll see!

245 DAYS AND COUNTING FOR FORCE

my prediction lol. Ashley wont come back full time,maybe a few races here and there,if she does maybe John will retire,its about that time

Also, John had this to say in a new article over at Comp Plus.

With John saying that Guido will be tuning Courtney's car, did he, in a roundabout way, say that Ashley won't return next year? She could have a different tuner but I can't help but think if she was coming back, she would jump right back in her old car and team.

We'll see!

245 DAYS AND COUNTING FOR FORCE

He didn't say Guido would be tuning Courtney's car. He said Ron Douglas will be tuning Courtney's car.

4 cars either way in '12 - whatever happens sure is fun watching mike neff
right now - something seldom seen if ever again once he steps away
from driving........simply amazing

Anybody else see in hindsight the reasoning for switching cars and putting Mike Neff in the JFR #001 Chassis. Dave Densmore via Frey states that the car has been to 19 of 36 final rounds (math may be off a few there). Otherwords, put Mike in the proven car to win a championship with high hopes of keeping Mike Neff in the John Force Camp. And, with Neff's interview with WindTunnel last Sunday he seems very content to stay in the Force Camp and contribute in any way!!

I don't know. Just putting it out there. Or maybe that's just the way it worked out and there's nothing to it.

Anybody else see in hindsight the reasoning for switching cars and putting Mike Neff in the JFR #001 Chassis. Dave Densmore via Frey states that the car has been to 19 of 36 final rounds (math may be off a few there). Otherwords, put Mike in the proven car to win a championship with high hopes of keeping Mike Neff in the John Force Camp. And, with Neff's interview with WindTunnel last Sunday he seems very content to stay in the Force Camp and contribute in any way!!

I don't know. Just putting it out there. Or maybe that's just the way it worked out and there's nothing to it.

No two cars are the same, no matter how much you try to make them so. Crew chiefs often have subtle little chassis tweaks that make the car to their liking. Mike already new that car inside and out. If they would have moved him over to driving and tuning the car Ashley was in and then moving Guido over to John's car from last year would have resulted in both tuners having to go through a learning curve for the car. The way they did it made it so that each of the tuners stayed with their cars, which makes the most sense.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back