Courtney Force racing Taylor Swift theme Funny Car (1 Viewer)

lol, given the location of Swift's photo I'm thinking the header flames will redefine the term blush :eek::p.
Years ago Mike Ashley had a weird effect on one of his crazy painted FCs. The monster face had a pair of green eyes that would come and go, sort of a hologram effect. Anyway, wouldn't it be funny if they could rig up something so when Courtney hit the throttle Taylor's eyes would go from cool smug to wide open shock? :eek:

Taylor grew up not far from Maple Grove, so it’s too bad this wasn’t unveiled that weekend. And a possible appearance by her would’ve been humongous.

I'm 35 and people joke that I have the musical taste of a 50 or 60 something, haha. ;) I am going to see Sammy Hagar and the Circle next week (His band with Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham and Vic Johnson) FYI.

Give me Rush, SRV, Led Zep, Heart, Clapton, Joan Jett, the Eagles, etc over 95% of what is produced today. Taylor Swift is IMO not that great of singer, it's all image as that is what young people (The majority of music buyers these days) go for and since young people change their tastes all the time she has a good chance of being on "where are they now?" in a few years.

The most talented modern bands/artists are the ones that target music for a smaller but more discriminating crowd, for example: Halestorm, Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd (Can he be called modern when his first record was released in 1995?), Samantha Fish just to name a few.

Since this is a racing board, I'll give a car analogy: Making music is like designing a car. You can design a car by focus group and wind up with something like an Accord or Camry. They're fine cars, but they are aimed at the masses who will trade them away when the lease is up rather than car enthusiasts. Or you can have actual engineers and car guys design a car and wind up with something like a Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, CTS-V, etc with the mindset of "who cares if 70 percent of people don't like it, we'll sell it to the 30 percent of people that do like it, they're more passionate about cars anyway!" You rarely see an owner of those cars giving them up unless there is an issue and if they do, it's to get the newest model. Music is the same way pretty much: Sell out to cater the masses and be forgotten about in a few years, or stick to your craft and while you may not play in arenas you'll have a good chance at a loyal fanbase that will stay with you forever.

PS: Besides becoming all about image and auto-tune, another thing that is killing modern music is "the loudness war." This explains it: http://dynamicrangeday.co.uk/about/ Even smaller-market artists like Joe Bonamassa are not immune to this and it's infuriating.

Sam,
Regardless of what you think of her music, (I happen to like it a lot) the fact that she has 85 Million + Twitter followers and I don't know how many on Instagram of FaceBook (I'm not on them) means that the potential is there for a number of people who may have never even heard of NHRA to at least say "What's that?" and click on a link, or pull up a video to see what it's all about.

And if you think that exposing that many new eyes to NHRA is a bad thing. Please tell me why?

Alan

Sorry guys, the sarcasm to the posts above me did not come thru....... I thought the roll eyes would tip you off.
As Alan stated with as many people following her there is a high probability some will be curious as to what is this NHRA they speak of.

Agree with Alan. I was kidding around when I was talking about Rush. Well, not really, but still I think it is good to get the exposure Taylor Swift will bring to the NHRA simply by sponsoring a car.

I admire Taylor Swift - She is a smart young woman who has managed her career (and business) about as well as ANYONE has ever done in the entertainment business. Some of her songs qualify as "ear worms" and, yes, she's a cutie.
There's a Broadway show traveling right now: "On Your Feet" about Gloria Estefan (I highly recommend it) and there are certainly parallels to Taylor and Emilio's business acumen!
Wouldn't it be great to see Taylor Swift at an NHRA event but I'll be happy if she says something nice about NHRA and Courtney to her many followers.

Sam,
Regardless of what you think of her music, (I happen to like it a lot) the fact that she has 85 Million + Twitter followers and I don't know how many on Instagram of FaceBook (I'm not on them) means that the potential is there for a number of people who may have never even heard of NHRA to at least say "What's that?" and click on a link, or pull up a video to see what it's all about.

And if you think that exposing that many new eyes to NHRA is a bad thing. Please tell me why?

Alan

I bet most of those 85 million are under the age of 16. :p But I think you misread my post - that was an "in jest" response to the people above me.

BTW, I never thought that this cross-promotion is a bad thing. Anything that can promote the sport is good.

I bet most of those 85 million are under the age of 16. :p But I think you misread my post - that was an "in jest" response to the people above me.

BTW, I never thought that this cross-promotion is a bad thing. Anything that can promote the sport is good.

I also thought he misread your post. Maybe itching to post something. No way he would touch the other current thread subjects,lol

Sam,

Alan

I agree....after all, look what social media has done for Anthony Weiner's exposure!
:eek:

:D:D:D

I'm not picking on Sam, I'm just wondering why we can't say "Thanks for getting involved!" Without saying "She's not that great of a singer." I'm not a big fan of RAP or Opera but if one of their stars wanted to get on the side of a car I would be happy to see it. And I wouldn't feel the need to point out that I don't like the music.

Alan

She started out as country pop music, and there's a lot of NHRA fans that are fans of that genre so it can be a good fit.
Lately, she has strayed into pop that I don't particularly go for, hope she doesn't go "full Miley" on us

I admire Taylor Swift - She is a smart young woman who has managed her career (and business) about as well as ANYONE has ever done in the entertainment business. Some of her songs qualify as "ear worms" and, yes, she's a cutie.
There's a Broadway show traveling right now: "On Your Feet" about Gloria Estefan (I highly recommend it) and there are certainly parallels to Taylor and Emilio's business acumen!
Wouldn't it be great to see Taylor Swift at an NHRA event but I'll be happy if she says something nice about NHRA and Courtney to her many followers.

I certainly admire Taylor Swift's charitable nature; she's given fans money to help them out and she's surprised plenty of them by showing up on their doorstep.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back