Countdown question (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
What if you qualify for the countdown but you don't qualify at Indy? Does that mean your out of the countdown?

What if you qualify for the countdown but you don't qualify at Indy? Does that mean your out of the countdown?

Rich - I think I have this figured out! Top eight are within 70 points and will race until Richmond when the cut to four will occur. If you fail to qualify for a race, you're gonna be in a huge hole - :D
Does the Old Fart finally have this right?

I thought the top eight now get "provisionals" if they're not among the quick 16, or is that only after the chop to four?

D

If so, that sucks. They should either qualify or they don't. How is that fair? Oh, I forgot.....we're dealing with NHRA......sorry, lost my head.

If so, that sucks. They should either qualify or they don't. How is that fair? Oh, I forgot.....we're dealing with NHRA......sorry, lost my head.

Its okay, just grab a cool beverage and it will all seem better:)

D

Last edited:
I thought the "provisional" was only for times when it rained out part of qualifying or something like that. (similar to what happened with the Top Ten earlier this year when they were seeded). Though that is just my thought. If somebody isn't qualified I am sure they will mention that "So-and-So is going to really be hurt in the Chase, I mean Countdown" or the other way.
BTW D, I like your thinking there. :D

So Far

WJ DNQ
Papa John outside
JR Todd outside
Whit outside

Like I've said, hope the final 4 is decided before I get to Richmond...

I thought the top eight now get "provisionals" if they're not among the quick 16, or is that only after the chop to four?

D

If true, then it sounds like someone needs to go to Glendora and remove that pitcher of NASCAR Kool Aid from the office fridge.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back