cost of prostock car from builder?? (1 Viewer)

I don't claim to be in the same league as the aforementioned chassis builders, but I do sometimes wonder at the pricing. I have been building cars in Australia since 1989, and have to import all the hardware. I sell a lot of Strange Engineering components, as well as wholesaleing 4130 tube, and the US chassis price has got me beat. Our tube is nearly double the price by the time it is landed, freight and statutory charges etc paid; similar deal with components. However I can sell a 25.1C car with a steel shell and glass panels as a roller ready for paint, wiring, engine, transmission, tailshaft and third member for A$90,000. This is about 80% of the US price, depending on the value of the dollar. I know the carbon interior is more expensive, titanium can and accessories etc. but as Tony Gillig says it has to be name thing. We charge A$80.00 / hour for labour, and produce a quality product. Where the extra expense is has got me!

Rod Andrews
Andrews Race Cars

Hi Allen,

Congrats on your great season. You guys did a great job and I hope you have an even better 2008. Tell your Mom and Dad and the rest of the guys we said Hi and we hope to see you some time this year.

The new car looks great, Good Luck.

Tony

Tony is correct on everything he said regarding the EFI question. To add to that, the evolution of Pro Stock has been a long one and has a certain prideful intrique to it. To change an ingredient that drastic to add HP "other than in a traditional way" would compromise that evolution and change the landscape. Sort of like adding a turbo or blower, just not the same as getting two HP from working a week on an intake , or finding a new cam worth 5 hp after going through 20 of them. Finding real HP is hard work and has evolved over the last 30 yrs of so in Pro Stock, that what makes it the best class for the real car enthusiast(gear head)!!!

well said allen! pro stock rules! i love the good ole carbs on top of a 500 inch motor going 6.50s. F.I would set back the class years in advancements. and cost tons of loot. agreed also, your new car looks killer. cant wait for pro stock rd 1 in feb!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back