cost of prostock car from builder?? (1 Viewer)

since we are talking money and Pro Stock and we have a few drivers here... Allen, Pat and Tony, would you like to see Pro Stock go to Fuel Injection, and what would that do to the cost?

Thanks,
JL

By the time you get to the track ready to qualify with a new car, engine, tires, clutch, tranny, etc, etc. close to 300K! If you were doing a new startup operation with truck, trailer, cars, engines, tools, people, etc. First yr just to get there way in excess of 1 million. Also cost well in excess of 1.5 million in expense each year just to stay competitive!! If you win every race the NHRA will pay you the handsome sum of around $500,000, man are we rolling in the $$. Best way to become a millionare in drag racing is to start with 3 million, you will have 1 million very quickly. Guess we love it!!

It's all about Cubic $$$$'s RIGHT ALLEN!!????

Great to see ya here on the 'Mater'....! It was awesome to see you and Pop's win here in Denver..(I had a great seat for that final round...On the starting line...:D) and your a pretty damm good poker player for a rookie (at the Children's Speedway Charity Poker Tourny in Vegas....)

Just for giggle's...If a guy was going to build a Kick A$$ A/DA in comp eliminanator, and wanted to lease a Roy Johnson Hemi Bullet how much would it run????:rolleyes: (Talk about a record waiting to be broken!! That Mopar power would be awesome!) See ya in Vegas AJ!

Timmah!

By the time you get to the track ready to qualify with a new car, engine, tires, clutch, tranny, etc, etc. close to 300K! If you were doing a new startup operation with truck, trailer, cars, engines, tools, people, etc. First yr just to get there way in excess of 1 million. Also cost well in excess of 1.5 million in expense each year just to stay competitive!! If you win every race the NHRA will pay you the handsome sum of around $500,000, man are we rolling in the $$. Best way to become a millionare in drag racing is to start with 3 million, you will have 1 million very quickly. Guess we love it!!

Hope you and your Dad had a great winter building badder bullets!

Go Allen....GO!!!

It's all about Cubic $$$$'s RIGHT ALLEN!!????

Great to see ya here on the 'Mater'....! It was awesome to see you and Pop's win here in Denver..(I had a great seat for that final round...On the starting line...:D) and your a pretty damm good poker player for a rookie (at the Children's Speedway Charity Poker Tourny in Vegas....)

Just for giggle's...If a guy was going to build a Kick A$$ A/DA in comp eliminanator, and wanted to lease a Roy Johnson Hemi Bullet how much would it run????:rolleyes: (Talk about a record waiting to be broken!! That Mopar power would be awesome!) See ya in Vegas AJ!

Timmah!

Hey, good to hear from you, and yeah we had a good time playing with you guys there. I would just keep the dollars to play poker, you actually might get ahead. But if serious, we can talk!!

Farmers are in the same boat.... or truck.

Actually, I think farmers may be in a boat that has more holes. A very small number of companies (look at the small print on the labels and Con-Agra will be one that pops up quite a bit) that produce canned goods and ready made goods under a very large assortment of labels basically control what is produced and what farmers can get credit from the Farm Bureaus to plant and are told how much to plant, what to plant and when to plant it.

Because of this we have mono-cropping on a large scale and we are depleting our topsoils. Some farmers have turned to organic production, but the large companies are getting into this too, in part because they already have all the systems in place.

*edit* sorry about the derail & back to the normally scheduled programming.:)

We farm in north eastern Colorado, a little over 3000 acres. You wouldn't think of NE CO as a corn producing area, yet our county (Yuma) is usually the top corn producing county in the nation!!! Not one farm is corporate owned in our county. None of us are told what to plant, how much or when.

I am not saying all is rosy in agriculture, last time I checked there weren't to many farmers on the Forbes list :)

Actually, I think farmers may be in a boat that has more holes. A very small number of companies (look at the small print on the labels and Con-Agra will be one that pops up quite a bit) that produce canned goods and ready made goods under a very large assortment of labels basically control what is produced and what farmers can get credit from the Farm Bureaus to plant and are told how much to plant, what to plant and when to plant it.

Because of this we have mono-cropping on a large scale and we are depleting our topsoils. Some farmers have turned to organic production, but the large companies are getting into this too, in part because they already have all the systems in place.
\
*edit* sorry about the derail & back to the normally scheduled programming.:)

Next time you visit them hopefully they will have the vinyl on the car... If so, ask if you can take a photo and show us the new shiny toy... :D

CJ Curtsinger

I probably will not be back over there until after they race it but if I am and corporate ok's a sneak shot,well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

So another $4000 for a carbon fiber body.

Funny thing is for mere $700.00 less than a Five Star Body with Windows I got a brand new Cobalt from Polar Chevrolet here in White Bear Lake. Power everything, with Rims, Tires, Paint, ECM, Motor, Exhaust, Automatic, and Air Bags with Anti-Lock. Can't find the 3rd Member and there is no Laundry to pack. The Windows don't wistle at 200-145=55 MPH and as hard as I have tried I cannot get it to shake the Tires...has a little torque steer however...

To Answer the Fuel Injection question.

Fuel injection is really cool to work with. I had experience with it with the guys at ASSC on our Pro 5.0 car. Pro stock racers could definately use to buy less carburetors, however fuel injection just brings more things to the mix. Different injectors, throttle bodies, ECU's etc....

The only problem with EFI is it talks to the car and controls engine function real time when in closed loop. For those of you know, in any Pro category the computer is to log data only, not control any function of the car and fuel injection has to. With that in mind, now we opened the door for traction control and how do you police it? The ECU changes timing, and fuel curves when traveling down the race track so how do you stop it from controlling timing due to wheel speed.

Looks like EFI would cause a lot of problems to me, so lets stick to good old fashioned carburetors and race gas. Which brings attention to the whole NASCAR can fill the seats with small blocks, race gas and one carburetor, but NHRA and IHRA need Nitro to fill the stands? Just a door slammer fan here, but I understand the attention the NITRO classes get.

Happy New Year Everyone

Tony

Tony is correct on everything he said regarding the EFI question. To add to that, the evolution of Pro Stock has been a long one and has a certain prideful intrique to it. To change an ingredient that drastic to add HP "other than in a traditional way" would compromise that evolution and change the landscape. Sort of like adding a turbo or blower, just not the same as getting two HP from working a week on an intake , or finding a new cam worth 5 hp after going through 20 of them. Finding real HP is hard work and has evolved over the last 30 yrs of so in Pro Stock, that what makes it the best class for the real car enthusiast(gear head)!!!

Amen! It is great to see a class of (gear head) thinkers and hard workers. Too bad many people are buying the thinkers and workers now. Although I am not a pro stock racer, I think it would make the world very interesting to see a tweak in the scheme of things. See some development and watch the real thinkers take to the top quickly and shake some things up a bit. Like stating that as of 2010, 5.0 bore spacing engines will be allowed with all other rules remaining the same.
This is just me thinking out-loud. But as it sits, pro stock is my second favorite class in the NHRA. A game of true gear heads.

Funny thing is for mere $700.00 less than a Five Star Body with Windows I got a brand new Cobalt from Polar Chevrolet here in White Bear Lake. Power everything, with Rims, Tires, Paint, ECM, Motor, Exhaust, Automatic, and Air Bags with Anti-Lock. Can't find the 3rd Member and there is no Laundry to pack. The Windows don't wistle at 200-145=55 MPH and as hard as I have tried I cannot get it to shake the Tires...has a little torque steer however...

AUTOMATIC?!?!?!?

AUTOMATIC?!?!?!?

Geez Pat, no wonder you can't shake the tires!

Can't you fit a Lenco in there???

PAT JUST RUN INTO SOMETHING HARD THEN YOU WILL HAVE SOME LAUNDRY TO PACK (CAN YOU REPACK AN AIRBAG)MIGHT HAVE TO TEACH JON HA HA

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back