Cory Mac running last 3 events of 2019 (1 Viewer)

1992, but he could have made up those 92 points anywhere else during the year, just one more round win would have done it.
Iffen I remember right, skipping Sanair wass a move to save some traveling money. I remember the look on his face when Steve Evans pointed that out to him.

It’s funny about all the what if’s. He most likely would have won the title if he went to Sanair. But, he also could have gone to that event, and crashed the car, or any number of other scenarios. Still, he and Prock were terrors that year. And that Hadman car is still one of my all time favorite TF dragsters. Hope he kicks ass during his last 3 races.

"I don't want to mess up anybody's points stuff but when the car starts up I want to win. Period.”

Meh! Don't worry about anyone else Cory. Let them take care of themselves. Just get out there and kick some butt!!

I have my Nitro Outlaws T-Shirt I got a few years ago at Wild Horse. Cory was the star of that series. Yes it still fits. I suck in the gut when I wear it.....

Retire? Noooooo I don't want him to retire! I mean I know there hasn't been much opportunity, but he can still drive!

That’s great news. I’m glad he gets to do it. I certainly hope the TV shows embrace him and refresh people’s memories about his driving career.
Good thing he isnt in ps,hed be screwed with gettimg any coverage lol

and the video i can not find. cory vs. BV in 1997 brainerd final. i can remember it like yesterday cuz BV was out on cory huge and was going to win his first race, until the jerzee's front
wheels started coming up and BV had to get out of it, letting cory by for the win.......i was bummed (sorry cory)
Here you go my friend.

Here you go my friend.

awesome, thanks Dave!......guess i didn't remember cory out and up first. what a race.....holy cow, i think jim brisette almost smiled! :).......and i think cory won the nationals for 5 in row?
has anyone ever done that since? did tony?
i think scelzi won 5 that year too for his first championship......look at all those sponsors that gibbs had. smh :rolleyes:

awesome, thanks Dave!......guess i didn't remember cory out and up first. what a race.....and i think he won the nationals for 5 in row? has anyone ever done that since? did tony?
i think scelzi won 5 that year too for his first championship.
He didn't. Jim Head won Indy and stopped his streak in the finals.

I remember when he lost his dog just before a race and he said his dream was to be a veterinarian.
Maybe this will give him a chance to do something in that field.
He was always one of the nicest drivers to talk to and I wish him all the best with a long and happy retirement.

Dang, I'm still impressed 4.79 @ 315 on that run.

I truly hope Cory can pick up a Wally on his way out. One of the good guys for sure. (that '92 car still ranks as one of my all time favorites).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back