Cory Mac running last 3 events of 2019 (1 Viewer)

Caught that this morning. Great to see he’s running the last 3 events, bummed he’s retiring.

I’m sure if someone came a calling with a full sponsorship package CoryMac would be unretired real quick. At least I get to see him run one final time in Vegas. His self sponsored Mac Attack cars is still one of my favorite TF cars of all time.

1991, with JP as crewchief. opted to not run sanair, which i believe ultimately cost him a championship, finishing 2nd to JA that year.

1991, with JP as crewchief. opted to not run sanair, which i believe ultimately cost him a championship, finishing 2nd to JA that year.
1992, but he could have made up those 92 points anywhere else during the year, just one more round win would have done it.

Big fan of Cory Mac - Ironically, I attended that event (wish NHRA was still running internationally).

1992, but he could have made up those 92 points anywhere else during the year, just one more round win would have done it.
keep in mind, thats less than a round back in 1991 (200 points per round), so one more round at any race that year and he's the champ.

keep in mind, thats less than a round back in 1991 (200 points per round), so one more round at any race that year and he's the champ.

I know, that's why I said one more round win anywhere would have done it. :) And a whole lot cheaper than the drive to Canada. Or if he beat Joe in the Englishtown final that would have been a nice 400 point swing. Cory would have finished with 12,340 and Joe 12,032. Whole lot of "what if's" that season. Had Eddie Hill backed up his 4.77 and won two more rounds of racing, he would have been the champ. Bernstein and McCulloch also had a shot going into Pomona. But everyone only remembers Cory's close but no cigar.

Making travel plans this week to be in Pomona. Have to see CMac at his final race.

I still have my Mac Attach t-shirt :) (not that it fits anymore)
So do I, but I might as well frame it since I can't wear it :D
I'm really sorry to hear he's retiring.....when I saw the title to this thread I was hoping it was the beginning of a comeback!

Regardless of the several ways he could've won the championship in '92, he and Jimmy were awful hard on the boys when they showed up. I loved that car.

Sean D

Who would have known in 92 at the time they skipped that race in Canada, Joe Amato and Tim Richards would fall into a little slump and part ways after Indy. Joe backed into a win in Brainerd, and that was it for the rest of the year. The door was left wide open and nobody could capitalize.

Shared a picnic table with him many moons ago at the Maple Grove food area. . Nice guy and easy to talk with back then. Got a Cory Mac sweatshirt that still fits- only because I was smart enough to get a 2XL!

and the video i can not find. cory vs. BV in 1997 brainerd final. i can remember it like yesterday cuz BV was out on cory huge and was going to win his first race, until the jerzee's front
wheels started coming up and BV had to get out of it, letting cory by for the win.......i was bummed (sorry cory)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back