Coolest off track and historic drag racing photos ever (1 Viewer)

Who drove Snow's injected F/C? I always remember him in blown cars, but I think he may have run this car with another driver. ?

I remember a guy named Terry Pringle who I believe drove the A/FC, but it was a long time ago so I may be way off.

It could have been Pringle. I remember the name. Snow's first funny car was injected, like a 1966 model?? Ran as a dragster back then (as did the other F/C's) & I think Snow won the nationals in Indy one year with it.

NIX.jpg
Smiling Jimmy Nix..........with the Cadillac

That's called putting the trans in nuetral, revving the motor to 7 grand, and pushing the "drive" button....

I remember when that picture was first published. If you look at it, looks like the torque converter came out first, followed by the rest of the parts as the car rolled forward.

"It blowed up real good!"

Going thru my P!SS-BUCKET accounts, I realized you CAN save your pics from there, although it is time consuming. You have to wade thru all of their bullshirt ads, but eventually you can click on a photo to expand it, right click, choose "save image as", and you can save a jpeg copy to your computer. Kind of a drag if you have 10,000 images, but if it is an irreplaceable picture, at least you can retrieve it while they let you.

Doesn't get any cooler than Willie working on the car in a rough rock pit area....

B1XO20E.jpg

A VERY early D.G.

AT00GO3.jpg

YGUoAyz.jpg

Two great minds....

u8JC7t1.jpg

b8Vrg9u.jpg

A great shot for you M/T admirers out there....

5B7xsbs.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back