Cool pics (1 Viewer)

Alan

Nitro Member
My little brother (Oregon ANG) got my Dad a ride aboard a KC135 tanker during Sentry Eagle (air excercises held every year in my birthtown of Klamath Falls OR) and he snapped some pretty cool pictures. The pics are out over the eastern Oregon desert area.

nitroal04

nitroal04

nitroal04

nitroal04

nitroal04

As a member of the 142nd Fighter Wing (Portland Oregon ANG) and a F-15 crew chief (Weekend Warrior). Hey tell your brother he was suppose to clean the windshield and check the oil levels before the fill up was done. I have about 18 months before I retire from the 142nd FW. I am one of the orginal F-15 "Eagle Keepers" from back in the 70's and I think I am the only one still in service with the military. I was stationed at Edwards AFB, California in the orginal R&D program. I got out for 18 years and got back in to get a retirement. The F-15 is the only american fighter that did not lose any aircraft during the R & D program and that record stands till today. Every R & D program has lost aircraft during testing. One for the record the 142nd FW has a 1973 model F-15. The Oregon ANG has pride from regular AF pilots that our ancient fighters fly tighter and better than the newest F-15 aircraft in the USAF inventory.

"The Fighter Jet noise" above you is the sound of freedom"

PineApple Express Racing
Chuck K.

Exactly..........wonder if that is a drinking reference or a "landing" reference:)

In regards to the landing reference... Whenever I take a commercial flight, I can usually tell by the landing if the pilot is ex-Navy or ex-Airforce. Spending time on an Aircraft Carrier while I was in the Navy, makes it kind of easy to tell watching those guys land those planes on a deck thats pitching and rolling... If the landing is hard...I usually say to the pilot (as we're deboarding) "You're an ex-Navy pilot huh??" and give a wink...they usually know what I'm talking about... just a little joking around...

T

Fantastic pictures!!!
Don't you wish you knew how these guys get their nicknames:confused:

My brother is a C130 pilot in the Air Force, some stories about thier nicknames, you just don't want to know. He went to the Air Force Academy, then flight school in Lubbock, TX with most of the same people. When you have been together that long, stories are exaggerated, jokes are made and nick names are born.

As a member of the 142nd Fighter Wing (Portland Oregon ANG) and a F-15 crew chief (Weekend Warrior). Hey tell your brother he was suppose to clean the windshield and check the oil levels before the fill up was done. I have about 18 months before I retire from the 142nd FW. I am one of the orginal F-15 "Eagle Keepers" from back in the 70's and I think I am the only one still in service with the military. I was stationed at Edwards AFB, California in the orginal R&D program. I got out for 18 years and got back in to get a retirement. The F-15 is the only american fighter that did not lose any aircraft during the R & D program and that record stands till today. Every R & D program has lost aircraft during testing. One for the record the 142nd FW has a 1973 model F-15. The Oregon ANG has pride from regular AF pilots that our ancient fighters fly tighter and better than the newest F-15 aircraft in the USAF inventory.

PineApple Express Racing
Chuck K.

I believe my brother is an MP (or SP....whatever AF calls them).....He got a hop aboard an F15 last year or the year before, the pilot made sure he lost his lunch before they were finished. That's gotta be the e-ticket ride....

PineApple Express Racing
Chuck K.

Thanks for you service to our Country. Former B-52 (BUFF) crew chief here.

Well back in the day it was called SP's now they call them selves "Force Protection" It a new era and same jobs. We all serve proudly whether it was 2, 4 or more years.

Chuck K
PAE

Oregon has a desert? :D

Seriously, those are great photos. I never get tired of looking at fighter planes, just don't know why.

After I saw Top Gun, I was ready to go and enlist so I could fly one of those babies.

And my thanks too, Chuck and John's brother, for your service. We are the land of the free, because of the brave!

In 1999, as I was getting directions to the Andrews AFB commissary at the gate, I noticed that the young man giving me those directions was A1C Sullivan. It made me stop and think - 35 years earlier I was "A1C Sullivan" and had just re-enlisted after a couple years break in service. Managed to get all the way up to Major before retiring in 1980, then spent another 18 years working closely with the military before "retiring" for the second time - now I am working on my third career.

In all that time, I have been impressed with the character of most of the men and women in uniform I have worked with and those I have met or have and it's my opinion that the future of our country is in good hands.

Oh, yeah, staying on topic - cool pics. I've had a chance to try the view from the "boomer's pod," but never with a fighter on the other end of the boom.

I couldn't agree more, Larry. Our young men and women in our Armed Services are the best. And as long as they and their commanders are allowed to do what they need to do, when they need to do it, and do not have to be influenced by the 'tide of public opinion' (the 'public' having 0% qualifications to make such decisions) our future surely is in good hands.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back