Connie Kalittas' Airline Empire (2 Viewers)

Great questions. 1, drag racing won't collapse but the demise of the power players will, in my opinion, knock the wind out of national events. Nobody wants to run 8-car fields or 16-car fields with only 11 cars. Drag racing survived last year...it's just one year...but if there's a repeat in 2021 due to the pandemic or whatever, the low fan counts combined with tracks being closed will seriously affect national-event drag racing. Just my opinion; you'd know a lot more about it than I.

2, of course, the Torrences.

3, if NHRA were to revert to N/FC and N/TF style rules, they'd be forced to slow the alcohol stuff too just like you said. Very good point and one I didn't think about.
With the new regime in DC, I am wondering how the "dislike" of the petroleum industry by the party in power will affect the Torrence's finances?

With the new regime in DC, I am wondering how the "dislike" of the petroleum industry by the party in power will affect the Torrence's finances?

I can't believe I am getting sucked into this political nonsense, but let's put our thinking caps on and think for ourselves for one second : Do you think it was better for the petroleum industry when oil was less than $20 a barrel last year, or when oil is $60 a barrel now?

Is it better for McDonald's to sell Big Macs for $2 or $6?

Come on guys. We have a politics forum, which is where this thread will go (and subsequently die) if anymore responses not related to the OP are posted.

I know, I knew better than to rise to the bait.

I am just so effing sick of simpletons turning EVERYTHING political. You should have seen the responses I deleted before I posted that one, they were not nice. :oops:

I know, I knew better than to rise to the bait.

I am just so effing sick of simpletons turning EVERYTHING political. You should have seen the responses I deleted before I posted that one, they were not nice. :oops:
Wasn't meant to be a "political" post. Just wondering how stopping pipeline construction might affect their finances. And I resent you calling me a "simpleton" for making that observation.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back