Pacific Raceways (1 Viewer)

Bin tripping over the same rock, since 1968 (8 years old). Like Mr. Sharley said. I've heard the same old song and dance for years!!!
There idea of new upgrades is to bring in 6 new portable shit houses!

I'll take the track in Kent any day of the week over Sears Point. There's just something about that track that seems like the big show coming to your local track.

Went to Seattle once, 1990, national event. The Greek got runner up in T/F. What amazed me was all those trees, like being in a forest. Living in Phoenix, we had nothing like that. Did enjoy the race, but it got to 98 degrees. I thought, wait, I came here to be in cool weather & it's almost like Phoenix. HA

Big news would be the track running south instead of the current east to west where the sun sets right in the face of the racers, making it nearly impossible to see in the late afternoons.

Local sentiment is that the program dies after they sell the million yards of gravel they are excavating. All that will be left is a big hole. Some asked the county for conditions on the permit, didn't happen. I hope it pans out, but we have been fooled too many times here....

Right. Where have we heard this before. I'll believe it when I see it.

And why in the hell do they need two dragstrips, if you look at the master plan they show no fan parking. The two main parking lots have building on them
when it's done and that will never happen, plus they say nothing about the current 1320FT, It needs work from grandstands to paving the rest of pits, lighting ECT.
And the scorebordas they have bin crap for years. I think they will sell the gravel and lie again!!! Or just sell the dump. Now i'm just pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
And no the new strip will not be for National or Div racing only 1/8 mile there is no room. One side there is a canyon,{ big one to} and the other side is a big hole
they already took gravel out. plus the kart track is there already. Give me a break.

I was wondering about parking. My tape measure on the master plan shows both strips the same length and it goes behind the kart track where they haven't dug it out yet. They are taking deposits for garage space, and it is one of 4 "Economically Significant" projects in the state. The track was for sale for a couple years, but the Fioritos pulled the listing when they got the permit. Once the gravel goes out the McMansions will follow? The cement plant just to the north has been sold and the houses are going in. A couple huge houses overlook turn 8 on the road course. And attendance is not that great....

They have bin taking deposits for at least 3 years. The new strip says car club drags, Why do they need two strips?
Are you talking about the houses at the start of the staging lanes. Plus they are making money off the deposits sitting
in the bank. I say they will give back the deposits after every inch of gravel is gone were they can dig at. Like you
said Bob when they are done digging the program dies... I hope not but after almost 20 years of lies!!!

Big news would be the track running south instead of the current east to west where the sun sets right in the face of the racers, making it nearly impossible to see in the late afternoons.

Is this the track that they "turned around" and it used to run west to east, or am I thinking of another track?

In the heart of racing season at some point in the evening racers are looking DIRECTLY into the sun. The promise was to turn the track around so it goes N-S. Jim, yes the houses overlooking the staging lanes. I am wondering what a million yards of gravel is worth? I'm guessing not more than a few bucks a yard after costs.

Bob they need to build the track South to North, that way the sun is behind you, like Vegas and Norwalk. Bin to both, now those
are nice tracks. I would live in that house by the staging lanes, but my luck they would shut the place down!!! LOL

I saw that too. Why keep the old strip at all? "Club Drag Strip" and NHRA Drag Strip? Weird. Seems cool overall, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'll take the track in Kent any day of the week over Sears Point. There's just something about that track that seems like the big show coming to your local track.

I agree! Been to Kent like 6 times!! Love the Nostalgia about the place

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back