Connie Kalitta To Kalitta Air Employees: Get Vaxxed Or You're Fired (1 Viewer)

twostep

Nitro Member
But before people jump on Kalitta, consider this - when it first came up he offered each employee a $1000 bonus if they got vaxxed by the deadline. But now it's crunch time and by Presidential XO, he's faced with this. Quote from Connie:

“I was presented with a choice presented under Executive Order 14042, issued by President Biden, to comply or to lose all current and future Federal contracts,” said Conrad Kalitta in the letter. “If I elect not to comply, Kalitta Air will be prevented from doing business with companies such as; Boeing, General Electric, Pratt & Whitney, Kalitta Charters II, Omni, Western Global, FedEx, UPS, DoD, FEMA, DoS, and others. In addition; foreign countries, hotels, restaurants, and other airlines, are now beginning to require proof of vaccination.”

In the interest of keeping politics out of this forum, I'll let y'all decide where the problem lies. I'll start - it doesn't lie with Kalitta Air.

But before people jump on Kalitta, consider this - when it first came up he offered each employee a $1000 bonus if they got vaxxed by the deadline. But now it's crunch time and by Presidential XO, he's faced with this. Quote from Connie:

“I was presented with a choice presented under Executive Order 14042, issued by President Biden, to comply or to lose all current and future Federal contracts,” said Conrad Kalitta in the letter. “If I elect not to comply, Kalitta Air will be prevented from doing business with companies such as; Boeing, General Electric, Pratt & Whitney, Kalitta Charters II, Omni, Western Global, FedEx, UPS, DoD, FEMA, DoS, and others. In addition; foreign countries, hotels, restaurants, and other airlines, are now beginning to require proof of vaccination.”

In the interest of keeping politics out of this forum, I'll let y'all decide where the problem lies. I'll start - it doesn't lie with Kalitta Air.

We see this a lot up here in Canada. DON'T BLAME THE MESSENGER ! There are rules put in place by the government and are no fault of the companies.

lets look at this from a similar viewpoint. linking 4 articles that concern southwest airlines. the first article is from early october over columbus day weekend when thousands
of southwest flights were cancelled, stranding passengers nationwide......the 'official' statement at the time by southwest was weather and scheduling :rolleyes:
10/11/21: https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/11/a-southwest-pilot-explains-what-happened-over-the-weekend/

next article is southwest trying to debunk article above
10/12/21: https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/12/...employees-will-be-fired-over-vaccine-mandate/

next article southwest employees voice their opinions
10/18/21: https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/18/...es-employees-protest-against-vaccine-mandate/

and southwest is waivering from it's original stern orders
10/19/21: https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/19/...o-put-unvaccinated-employees-on-unpaid-leave/

southwest CEO's made a medical rule for their employees, without having a federal mandate in place. press releases are not mandates.
all airlines fall under federal guidelines. connie is certainly in the same predicament.
there was a rumor earlier in october that if the gov't. doesn't get a handle on this, other airlines could repeat what happened to southwest
over thanksgiving

the vaccine mandate for federal contractors has now been pushed back to jan. 4.
it is suspected the fed. mandate for fed. contractors will most likely stick. so airline schedules should be relatively safe over christmas holidays? we'll see.
the OSHA mandate for private busninesses with more than 100 employees may or may not stick. it also has same jan. 4 deadline.

Just curious as I'm retired and live in Florida.
If the issue is so life and death important, why would the government delay it three months for their vaccine mandate to go into effect?
Why wait until after the busy and travel intense Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's holidays?
Why aren't the mass of incoming illegals getting vaccinated upon arrival?
It really must not be that important or necessary.
I'm in my 70's with respiratory issues.
If it's that serious, the only reason I can think of for the delay is due to political problems for this administration... and the issue isn't as bad as we are told.
Kalitta Air cannot afford to forever lose their contracts. Tough spot to be in.
Maybe they need to move to Florida where Gov. DeSantis and our State Congress have made it illegal.

Maybe they need to move to Florida where Gov. DeSantis and our State Congress have made it illegal.
Here's the problem with that, Kalitta does a lot of business with the federal government. No matter what state his business is headquartered in, he still has to deal with the "big guys".

the gov't delayed it 3 months so air travel would not be disrupted over thanksgiving and christmas/new years.
avoiding another 'southwest' catastrophe gridlocking passengers nationwide. no one ever publicy admitted what happened at southwest,
but how was one airline so disrupted 'by weather and scheduling' when all other airlines serving same routes and cities were not?

we'll see what happens after jan. 4th, which i believe is the current date for the fed. vax mandate.

Last edited:
the gov't delayed it 3 months so air travel would not be disrupted over thanksgiving and christmas/new years.
avoiding another 'southwest' catastrophe gridlocking passengers nationwide. no one ever publicy admitted what happened at southwest,
but how was one airline so disrupted 'by weather and scheduling' when all other airlines serving same routes and cities were not?

we'll see what happens after jan. 4th, which i believe is the current date for the fed. vax mandate.
While I agree with you as to why the government did it, that doesn't give them a pass of anyone that dies or gets really sick over this for the three holiday months IF the masks and vaccines are effective. They are saying air traffic at the holidays is more important than human life.

Or... they are saying the masks and vaccines are a farce and purely being used to gain control. I'm not saying China19 isn't real. Just that there are too many holes in their methods to "control" and eliminate it.

Epidemiologist I know said there are now about 1000 variants of COVID. Yikes. Who knows which one will rare its ugly head. Heard one of the variants is wreaking havoc in South Africa.

......... They are saying air traffic at the holidays is more important than human life. ........ Or... they are saying the masks and vaccines are a farce and purely being used to gain control. I'm not saying China19 isn't real. Just that there are too many holes in their methods to "control" and eliminate it.
couldn't agree more with all of your statements

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back