Connie Cohen? (2 Viewers)

BurkartFan

Nitro Member
The results on NHRA.com and DRC said she didn't slow at the end of her Qual #1 run and that she and the bike went into the sand and the net. Anyone know if she's okay? Motorcycle rider + net + motorcycle is a very bad combination. Sure hope she's not badly hurt!

Wow. No, not a good combination at all. Didn't get a chance to listen to the webcast until after PSB was done.

Hope she's OK.

The report issued by NHRA says that she is okay but was taken to a nearby hospital to be checked out.

Jim

Thanks for the update Jim. Nets and bikes, plus riders, are not usually a good mix in...Ouch!

Just got back from E-Town. It was a scary looking ride. She scraped the wall at the end of the track. The bike hit the sand and she flew off. Bob Frey said over the PA that it looked like a stuck throttle because the bike never really slowed down. She was sitting up and talking to the EMS people before being transported to the hospital.

Isn't there a teather attatched to their arm that shuts the bike off incase they fall?? I would have been yanking on that SOB to kill the motor! :eek:

Holy s#&t, did you see that wreck at the very beginning of the broadcast?!? :eek: Wow, she is incredibly lucky not to have been badly injured. Heal up soon Connie!

Isn't there a teather attatched to their arm that shuts the bike off incase they fall?? I would have been yanking on that SOB to kill the motor! :eek:
Easier said than done. Try doing it at 100mph on a straight road with nothing going wrong and everything under control. I gaurantee you it's not a simple thing to do. Now toss into the mix a panic situation and an out of control bike at much hifgher speed and it just ain't gonna happen.

Easier said than done. Try doing it at 100mph on a straight road with nothing going wrong and everything under control. I gaurantee you it's not a simple thing to do. Now toss into the mix a panic situation and an out of control bike at much hifgher speed and it just ain't gonna happen.

Not to mention that even once the engine is shut off, the bike and rider keep that forward momentum until something slows them down or stops them - brakes if you're lucky enough to have them work, sand and a net or two if not...

wow that looked nasty last night on TV.. I can't believe she wasn't hurt more than she was... Very lucky lady...

CJ Curtsinger

If you saw the helmet , You know that she hit her head. Once again someones life was saved by the safety eqipment.

That my friends was nothing short of a miracle and or luck... WOW!!

Where is the shaking head smilie that means I can't believe what I just saw or read?? :eek:

That 'Dead Man' switch is really great if you come OFF the bike. If you are steering with both hands and trying ride the darn thing out it's tough to kill. Isn't there another way to shut those things off. A regular kill switch. Something? Whatever? That was about the worst I've seen and she JUST missed the opening in the turnout as well!

If the bike hadn't hit..and raised the net..she would have plowed right into the bike/net.

Lucky indeed..the speed she went under that net was frightening.

Glad you're ok, Connie.

There is a video clip of the incident on ESPN's website. Click on the NHRA section and there is a section of clips from Englishtown; Connie's incident is on the page 2. (there's 3 clips per page)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back