Concert ticket prices (1 Viewer)

I saw Boston in 1978, 1987, 1995, 1997 and 2003. In 78 they sounded like crap but that was probably because of the acoustics in the old Boston Garden. The last 3 times I remember quite well, and they were just awesome.
It's a shame about Brad Delp, because it can never be Boston without him.
They haven't released a decent album since Third Stage, but I still loved going and hearing the old songs, and the one or two good ones from the newer releases.

Oh, dude let me tell ya..
One of my first shows was a Kiss show. On the same day the Pope was in Des Moines Iowa. Oct 4, 1979

You could pray to God, then listen to God of Thunder. I did.
At Living History Farms, I heard the Pope speak, and at Vets I heard Paul Stanley Shout it Out Loud.

I have seen most of em from my time.
Pink Floyd 2X
The Who 2X
The Stones 3X
The Eagles, Reo, Styx, McCartney, Genesis, Clapton, Garth, Kansas, 38 Spec, Moody Blues, Zappa 2X, The Dead, Van Halen, Foghat, et all.

My GF won a years worth of free tickets in 1995, (from a local radio staiton, KGGO95,) for every concert in their listening area. I saw one of the more rare concert tours that ever happened.

We saw almost 60 concerts that year. including a few mentioned above, but the most memorable, was a band named Boston (although not all of the original members) on the Walk On tour.

They toured twice, and I had the pleasure of seeing them sitting in one of the soundcheck target seats in Hilton Colosseum in Ames Iowa. .

Anyone else that tells you they saw Boston, I would love to meet, and I wish I bought a tour shirt that night.

Oh, I was also in attendance at Vets Auditorium in Des Moines when Ozzy bit the head off the bat.

hey john h. or anyone else have any info on the upcoming zepplin
show in london?
not going, just interested in what
size venue, how much for tickets, and status? sold out?

Mike, the venue is the O2 Arena in London on November 26, 2007. The concert is for the Ahmed Ertegun Education Fund, he was the CEO of Atlantic Records who signed Led Zep. He died this year. The covered Arena seats 22,000.

Tickets were $250 by ballot available through a website, over 23 million people tried to get onto the website - it just shows the enthusiasm to see Led Zep live. Jason Bonham, the son of the late John Bonham is playing the drums - the rest of the band is Robert Plant, Jimmy Page & John Paul Jones.

You have to collect your ticket at the venue, the security that's involved stops people from selling their tickets on Ebay.

Lets hope they'll record the concert for DVD.

I paid $100 each for 2 Jimmy Buffett tickets in 2004 under the pavillion at Lakewood Amp. in Atlanta. His tickets sell out in 45 seconds or so usually though, so that's standard price.

DLB

It cost me $125 to see Mick & the lads last year... that's more than double the next highest but i attribute that to a concertholic buddy that didn't let me know the ticket he was buying fell beyond my $50 limit.
I've seen quite a few for free too. Public concerts from Tom Cochran, Avril Lavigne , Herman's Hermits, even the Village People. (NO... i'm NOT!! , it was at a car show)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back