Compulink vs Portatree... Qlispe Raceway Park (Spokane) (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
update #3, I had been calling/emailing the timing sytem company for over a year with only 2 phone calls answered & 2 emails answered. I gave up on that company & am pleased to announce that we are ordering a PortaTree system with ample support from the proprietors, they answer every time I call, if I send an email it is answered within 12 hours. I have received an invoice & forwarded to our finance department/team leaders. PortaTree has suggested that they might be able to send a person to pull wire ahead of time & then call week by week & when we have a window in the weather they can come install in 2-3 days. so having it ready to go before April/May should not be a problem at all.

The post above is from Qlispe Raceway (Spokane) yesterday 11/18/22. Finally after 17 months after the Kalispel Tribe bought it,
it is time to go drag racing in 2023. They have remodeled the office this past summer and tower, same building.
They have not yet announced who is going to be the sanctioning body, be it, NHRA, IHRA, AHRA, UDRA, Outlaw.
Yes I know it won't be, AHRA or UDRA. My question is, using Portatree. Can they have a NHRA Div 6 race or a NHRA Div 6 Bracket Finals race using a Portatree timing system? I have heard yes and no.
Compulink is the company they gave up on.
And speaking of the the tower. Here is a cool picture. Opening day May 1974. AHRA Spring Nationals.
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING TOWER
1668887326516.png

AA/FD Jerry "The King" Ruth in the seat
1668890059361.png

As it looks today

Last edited:
update #3, I had been calling/emailing the timing sytem company for over a year with only 2 phone calls answered & 2 emails answered. I gave up on that company & am pleased to announce that we are ordering a PortaTree system with ample support from the proprietors, they answer every time I call, if I send an email it is answered within 12 hours. I have received an invoice & forwarded to our finance department/team leaders. PortaTree has suggested that they might be able to send a person to pull wire ahead of time & then call week by week & when we have a window in the weather they can come install in 2-3 days. so having it ready to go before April/May should not be a problem at all.

The post above is from Qlispe Raceway (Spokane) yesterday 11/18/22. Finally after 17 months after the Kalispel Tribe bought it,
it is time to go drag racing in 2023. They have remodeled the office this past summer and tower, same building.
They have not yet announced who is going to be the sanctioning body, be it, NHRA, IHRA, AHRA, UDRA, Outlaw.
Yes I know it won't be, AHRA or UDRA. My question is, using Portatree. Can they have a NHRA Div 6 race or a NHRA Div 6 Bracket Finals race using a Portatree timing system? I have heard yes and no.
Compulink is the company they gave up on.
And speaking of the the tower. Here is a cool picture. Opening day May 1974. AHRA Spring Nationals.
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING TOWER
View attachment 11714
AA/FD Jerry "The King" Ruth in the seat
View attachment 11715
As it looks today
We use portatree at lebanon Valley LODRS

Can they have a NHRA Div 6 race or a NHRA Div 6 Bracket Finals race using a Portatree timing system? I have heard yes and no.

Lebanon Valley has been successfully using Port-A-Tree for the NHRA Div 1 race for at least 8 years. I know Al Smyth hand to make minor changes in the system to do things the way NHRA needs them done, such as handle CIC hits in Comp Eliminator. Given that he has already made the changes for Div 1, I can't see why he'd have a problem with Div. 6. I am not sure about the bracket finals.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back