Competition for NHRA? (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
CompetitionPlus reported that Evan Knoll has bought Bader's 25% stake in IHRA, and has some big plans. Evan has already had a huge, positive impact on the sport, he definitely has the juice to shake things up even more. Apparently he will have more to say after Indy.

Great timing especially. First Nhra pisses him off and he goes and start nitro fc over at Ihra now they screw things up with the phony playoffs. Ihra could really grow and Evan seems to be the right guy to help that along

Everyone on this board seems to be crying about Shumacher Racing and how they are the darkside, owning everything in every class.

I watched the IHRA on SPEED last week, and every car that went down the track was plastered with either TORCO, KNOLLGAS or SKULL.:confused:

Where are the haters on this one???

Everyone on this board seems to be crying about Shumacher Racing and how they are the darkside, owning everything in every class.

I watched the IHRA on SPEED last week, and every car that went down the track was plastered with either TORCO, KNOLLGAS or SKULL.:confused:

This is in no way a knock on Shoe, because I have a lot of respect for the guy. But the cars you are referring to at the IHRA race are not owned by EK, they are supported by him.

RAJUNZ,
No hater here. I will say that all those cars with Knollgas or Skull were enjoying the sponsorship support of Mr. Knoll not his ownership, direction, and final say on everything. That's polar opposites in my opinion to the point that Mr. Knoll even offers the same sponsorship support to the Schumachers without taking control.

Now, back to the thread, I for one, believe the racer's first-hand perspective Mr. Knoll will bring to IHRA could eclipse the current vision (or lack thereof) from brand X in the furthering of the future of the sanctioning body.

Evan Knoll supports more cars than I can even list, he only owns a few I believe. I think the support he lends is fantastic, and if he is getting even more serious about the biz side of the sport, buying into IHRA and looking at building/acquiring racetracks, etc., the future of drag racing will get even more interesting. I think we have all fantasized about what we would do if money were no object, Evan Knoll just happens to be able to really do it, and there are an awfull lot of racers benefitting from it.

Oakley Has A Lot Of Cars With Their Decal On Them, I Don't Think Jannard Owns Them. These People Help Support The Sport Of Drag Racing. Give Them Some Credit.

I know that Knolls doesn't own the cars, and I too think it is wonderful that he does so much for the sport, but there is something wierd about having a field of 8 cars and every car in the field having the same sponsor blazing it's sides. That's only going to sell so many tickets............fans need rivalries, they need individualities to root for.

The difference is,Evan is doing it with HIS money,not the US Army/Mopar/Matco and let's not forget Oakley.When it looked like Connolly was done,save for the couple of races the Carrier Boys helped him,Evan then saved him big time.

Don't think Bruton isn't lurking.....

I predict within the next year , he will be involved in Drag racing somewhere...Are his agreements with NHRA using his tracks negoiated on an annual basis ?

If this story is true then it is great for our sport...I hope and wish Evan all the best in this endeavor. The IHRA could stand the support....I just wish they would get out my way now!! :)

I know that Knolls doesn't own the cars, and I too think it is wonderful that he does so much for the sport, but there is something wierd about having a field of 8 cars and every car in the field having the same sponsor blazing it's sides. That's only going to sell so many tickets............fans need rivalries, they need individualities to root for.

I cheer for the DRIVERS not for the SPONSOR's name on the side of the car... "IF" Castrol ever dropped John Force I'd still cheer for JFR...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back