Chi-Town Hustler going big time? (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Read on Facebook today that the Chi-Town Hustler is going big time. There was a nice rendering of what the car will look like.

This is awesome. That, or a great April's Fool prank.

Master Mike, is this true?

As I was reading that... I thought sweet!! Then I thought April 1st... Dang!!

BUT! They are going to run a Dodge Omni this year, painted like the 82-83 Championship car.

images

How would that ruin it??? It started as a BIG SHOW car.
I beg to differ, the Hustler was the ultimate match race car getting paid to run the IHRA and AHRA events along with a multitude of independent events. It's when the match race scene started drying up that they started chasing the NHRA circuit. We all know how that turned out.

Frank Hawley was nhra FC champ twice, was he not driving a CHI-TOWN car??

That was hardly the "start" of it Zap. The name and legacy of the car was cemented long before then. It started in the late 60s when my grandfather was driving the car. Want to know how many NHRA National events he competed in? Let me give you a hint, you can count the number on one hand and you don't need all your fingers.

That was hardly the "start" of it Zap. The name and legacy of the car was cemented long before then. It started in the late 60s when my grandfather was driving the car. Want to know how many NHRA National events he competed in? Let me give you a hint, you can count the number on one hand and you don't need all your fingers.

I remember how freaked out Mike got in Chicago when Jon Asher told him he knew his Grand Pa! Lol

Just wasn't the same after 'Gramps' got out of the seat (Ron Who?, Frank What?).... so, I left the Country for the mid to late '70's....

Car NEEDS A Minick behind the butterflys....

d'kid

They got a guarentee from the track owner in Columbus. I suspect anytime they ran NHRA someone was paying show up money. Larry Carrier used to pay a guarentee, the Hustler went to many of his races.

They got a guarentee from the track owner in Columbus. I suspect anytime they ran NHRA someone was paying show up money. Larry Carrier used to pay a guarentee, the Hustler went to many of his races.

Norman, Everytime you post your name reminds me Soo much of Norman Schwartzkoff! Sorry...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back