Chhr (1 Viewer)

Maybe done for the season but not done for good. Kyle just won the IHRA Championship in the Nanook.

And 34 total funny cars made the attempt to qualify with 2 others making licensing passes.

Eric, I have to ask, how do you win a championship on a match race circuit were the cars are invited to race ???????? Some invited to some races but not all ????

Rooms close to the track.....that's funny, nothing is close to the track

Not this last weekend motel rooms were few and far between as you also had the year end Drag Boat race at Ming also

I guess it depends on what you consider close. I got a room just two weeks ago for $62 a night that was maybe 20 minutes from the track. And my son got a room at La Quinta on Thursday night. Close to the track, IMO yes. Rooms available, yes.

Eric, I have to ask, how do you win a championship on a match race circuit were the cars are invited to race ???????? Some invited to some races but not all ????

You would have to ask IHRA that question Mark. I have no idea how or why they choose the cars they do for each class. I am just posting what I do know.

We had a great time hang out with some Kiwis pitted next to us. They did great with real nostalgia dragster in NE1 that shipped over in a container this past summer.

BTW, did anyone catch the Randy Bradford Fiat vs. the Winged Express Saturday night match up? Just when you think you've scene it all... Mike tops himself again. What insanity.

Saw the Wing (awsome wheels up pass ) Rat Trap. Sullivan, plus a few more in the cackelfest.

1242-01196.jpg

Dave. Hope you are OK with this.

awesome! Seems like this run thrilled a few! Bradford Fiat looks to be mowing the orange lawn and the Wing is lurching up....gotta love these animals. Thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited:
Cool. Didn't even notice that Bradford hit the cones, watching from the pit side fence, was busy watching Mike. Wheels up, then down, back up, then down,. All the way to the lights.

We got a last minute room at Hilton Garden Inn.

Hey, we stayed there too! But got the room about a month ago.

Registered member said:
BTW, did anyone catch the Randy Bradford Fiat vs. the Winged Express Saturday night match up? Just when you think you've scene it all... Mike tops himself again. What insanity.

After last year's across-the-lane-passing-on-the-outside burnout I thought I'd seen it all ... Nope! The Winged Express delivers again. Sunday he did the same thing - wheels up about a foot or so at about 1000 ft. :eek: Wild!

Jay...I always figured you for a Motorcycle guy! Never seen you post on car threads so much in the past!

Joe;

In the 60s and early 70s I was involved with guys running top fuel in So Cal, Lions, Irwindale, OCIR. First went to San Fernando when I was 14 and was hooked for life. The So cal car scene was my life.

Started the motorcycle thing in 74, and it is now a leading supplier to the bike guys around the world. APE

But my roots are still in early nitro four wheelers.

As for Floyd, before we moved to Willow Springs Raceway, my shop was just around the corner from Floyds Maytag store, and three blocks from Ivo's house.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back