Champion Returning??? (1 Viewer)

aafunnycar

Nitro Member
Ok, on competition plus, I just read that a former champ may be returning to top fuel, and that they're not one of the usual suspects. So, maybe my prediction in one of the other threads about "Big Daddy" might just be true, eh? (yeah right). Well, here's hope against hope. Anyone hear any rumors or rumblings???

Its a bit of trick wording. It says a former champ not a former top fuel dragster champ. So it could be any former champ from any class.

It also doesn't say that they would be returning as the driver, just returning with a team. Which makes the possibilities endless.

Eddie Hill has been looking to get back into racing as an owner. I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe Amato return with a team either.

Perhaps Pat Austin is wanting to make a return

Is Dick Lahie tired of retirement?

Could the Snake be thinking if Kenny can do it why can't I?

Former Champ back in top fuel......... TF champ?

Lets go back a few years..

Tony Shoe.. already there...
Dixon... same
KB...funny car
Scelzi? I don't think he'd switch
Scott Kalitta-- Racing FC
Eddie Hill--??nahhhhh
Joe Amato--?? nahhhhh
Dick Lahaie? no way
Don Garlits?? nahhh

I guess I don't see it. I agree it must be from any class....

In that case... I am going to guess Bob Glidden is going top fuel!:eek:

The only reason I can think of for Snake to return to driving is if a potential sponsor offer was too good to be ignored... And even then I can't picture it...

It would be great if Eddie Hill returned as an owner. :)

The only reason I can think of for Snake to return to driving is if a potential sponsor offer was too good to be ignored... And even then I can't picture it...

I read a quote something where the Snake responded to the question of returning to the cockpit with "No, I don't even like driving my rental car from the Hotel."

Since it does not say NHRA champ, maybe it could be Don Lampus or Paul Romine. It would be great to see either one of them behind the wheel again.

I am thinking it is about time for Clay Millican to run NHRA full time. Perhaps Kenny Koretsky is going to go back to Top Fuel with him ....

It's Bob Glidden and he's coming back to help John Force with the new FORD Top Fuel engine.... Now put that in your pipe an SMOKE IT!! :D ;) :D

Has anyone thought about Shirley?? On the "Bench Session" in the extra's of the new Heart Like A Wheel DVD, Shirley asks Garlits and Kalitta if they had run their last run and both said yes, but Shirley didn't respond. Just a thought....

I am thinking it is about time for Clay Millican to run NHRA full time. Perhaps Kenny Koretsky is going to go back to Top Fuel with him ....

He lost his Major Sponsor, and is used to raiding the IHRA Piggy Bank. Clay is a great leaver and if there is any way he'll run the full NHRA Schedule, it would be as the Shoe for another team. JMO.

Garlits retired for the same reason didn't he.

He did for a while, then he started driving again when he got a doctor's OK, trying to get his monostrut dragster up to competetive speeds, but was never able to do it. It seems to me Amato's case was much worse than Big's, and he was told in no uncertain terms he should never drive a dragster again, lest he go blind. He decided it wasn't worth his sight.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back