Bye! (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
So - is this right, unless another Top Fueler shows up tomorrow - someone's getting a bye run Sunday morning? Only 15 rail cars? That would be interesting for Shoe & Kalitta.

So - is this right, unless another Top Fueler shows up tomorrow - someone's getting a bye run Sunday morning? Only 15 rail cars? That would be interesting for Shoe & Kalitta.
Dougie ran well today, but it`s going to be a tall order for him to go quicker than 4.471 tomorrow. I`d love to see him grab the pole and get that bye, but unfortunately I think the Army car will stay #1.

Hey Chris(all8),
Cory Mac lookin' much better this week than last.
My nominee for "most improved" award.
(actually, 3 way tie: Cory Mac, LD, and in p/s Naylor)

Yes, no other top fuel will be able to come in and race though. Unless you were already registered and had gone through tech at the previous Reading a few weeks ago you can't race this weekend. That's why EE is not there!

Hey Chris(all8),
Cory Mac lookin' much better this week than last.
My nominee for "most improved" award.
(actually, 3 way tie: Cory Mac, LD, and in p/s Naylor)
Paul, I`m still waiting for a couple more TFers to show up at the Grove and bump Cory and Dixon out again! Last weekend sucked...I knew that their times weren`t going to last thru that last session and sure enough, the sun went down and everybody stepped up. I wasn`t around very long on Sunday.

Yeah, you're right. That .47 sure won't get bumped. It's really getting close up top now. Every single pass truly matters.

Yes, no other top fuel will be able to come in and race though. Unless you were already registered and had gone through tech at the previous Reading a few weeks ago you can't race this weekend. That's why EE is not there!

Ah, that explains why Scott Weis is at Budds Creek

S/F
D

i guess one of the nhras golden boys will get a solo. can his comeback get any easier?:mad:

JD..........Shake yourself, bra.......So you want to somehow penalize the #1 qualifier??!! Tell us how you would handle a short, 15 car field. I see in your signature that you are a fan of some of the top tier teams. Go ask them if they would welcome the first round bye scenario. Basically, it's the luck of the draw. "make his comeback any easier"????? It certainly isn't EASY going rounds and winning races. Feel free to list any and all examples of the "easy" road back to the points chase.

Late......................Mitch

I re-read my post, and I didn't mean for it to sound snotty-LOL but everyone here knows that there are only 15 cars, so the number one guy will earn a bye, It's not a gift, you have to be fast to earn it.

Alan

Doesn't anybody remember 1999-2000 when Mike Dunn, Eddie Hill and one other sponsored car all lost they're sponsors. There was 3 races that year that didn't have 16 car fields.

It's too bad that someone couldn't enter at the last minute just to fill the spot. And I don't mean someone who'd look to knock off Shoemacher... I mean a smaller-budgeted, regional top fueler who doesn't get to too many races; or maybe like an IHRA guy.... just to pick up some easy contingency money and get some rare TV time. I'm sure that prolly' sounds easier than it is.

Looks like Tony is going to get that bye run... 4.440!!! You can't mess with Alan Johnson!

Chris,

The IHRA is racing in Maryland this weekend, that's why Millican isn't here.

Alan

Who's the idiot who said that .47 wouldn't get knocked off???? Oh wait - that was me. Geeze Louise. That was a body slam from the top rope.

Who's the idiot who said that .47 wouldn't get knocked off???? Oh wait - that was me. Geeze Louise. That was a body slam from the top rope.

I thought you were saying no one else could run faster than a .47, in which I agree with. But I would have put $ on it that Tony could do better. Alan is the man. Period.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back