15 car field ?? (1 Viewer)

slicky

Nitro Member
I was just curious if someone gets a bye run ? How else could you possibly pair them ? 15 car field makes it real easy if you are top qualifier and get that bye run with guaranteed points and go to round 2 without any effort . How do you pair them in round 2 ? I would still assume by elapsed time .

I hope this is not the real sign of things to come . We need more sponsors and cars out there .

#1 qualifier gets a bye run. The ladder doesn't change with the exception of the #1 qualifier getting a bye run.

Last edited:
I was just curious if someone gets a bye run ? How else could you possibly pair them ? 15 car field makes it real easy if you are top qualifier and get that bye run with guaranteed points and go to round 2 without any effort . How do you pair them in round 2 ? I would still assume by elapsed time .

I hope this is not the real sign of things to come . We need more sponsors and cars out there .

Dixon will get a bye in round one. Round two will have Larry running Brandon or JR as the ladder kicks in.
Notice that the BME car is not running at Topeka - this is only going to get worse as the new tire is required. Doug Foley will be running at Etown, I don't know if the Hartleys will be at Chicago or Etown.
There are several teams that are running on their own ticket in spite of having "Sponsors" on the car. As costs for everything continue to spiral
it will be interesting to see if these teams with personal deep pockets love racing enough to absorb huge losses.
Crew chief for a two car team told me that it costs 75¢ per mile for each of the teams five transporters just to get from race to race. I was also told that it costs $125,000 to win $40,000 IF you win. I won't go to the worst case, but we could easily see 14 car TF fields. Do you think fans are going to spend increasingly declining disposable income to watch bye runs?

whenever I see a bye run I always remember 05 bandimere when brandon broke on the burnout:eek:

It looks like F/C field is starting to thin out as well.:eek:

whenever I see a bye run I always remember 05 bandimere when brandon broke on the burnout:eek:

Yeah, I remember that one real well....One of his crew members blamed my buddy who was working with me on the starting line crew for NHRA at that race, for not putting enough water in the box for his burnout...! It was a freaking LAKE!!! Had to be the all time LAME A$$ EXCUSE I EVER HEARD!!!;)

What gives? NHRA.com has Dixon vs Bernstein (1 vs 8) in round one and Will getting the bye from the 11 spot. Is that a typo, am I misreading, or is there some other explanation? Help, please.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back