Burkart out at Worsham...Arend in (1 Viewer)

Kind of like everyone has said. Congrats to Jeff and Windy and sorry to hear the news for Phi.

Jeff, good luck I will be pulling for you! :cool:

Rapid

if i have to say something nice; thank you for providing the
pessimist's point of view.

You're welcome. Alphatrade and Erie appear to be two more in a long list of companies that have left pro teams hung out to dry. Am I pessimistic? - yes.

It's going to be very difficult for the Worshams, DPR with TJ, DSR with Gary and Ron, and Evan with Mike to compete against JFR. Unlimited resources and (probably) the maximum of four cars in FC.
We can only sit back and watch - I hope no one gets burned - Jim

Well at least they called a spade a spade this time...anybody remember the spin doctoring that went on when Frank P. got the boot for oil tycoon Johnny Gray?

Speaking of Johnny Gray, I wonder when and if he'll be back.

Speaking of coming back, where's Skuza?

Speaking of Skuza...

Congrats to Jeff... like most here though, I'm bummed for Phil, even though he along with that blue crew routinely beat the Boss, he is one of my favorite drivers. Hopefully he can get some $$$ or someone willing to bet on him soon.

Speaking of Johnny Gray, I wonder when and if he'll be back.

Speaking of coming back, where's Skuza?

Speaking of Skuza...

Congrats to Jeff... like most here though, I'm bummed for Phil, even though he along with that blue crew routinely beat the Boss, he is one of my favorite drivers. Hopefully he can get some $$$ or someone willing to bet on him soon.

OMG! A Naz Sighting. Whats up man, hadn't seen you around here lately.

Read yesterdays blog. He was there all the time.

[Originally Posted by Kurt Leinenkugel
Can't wait to read Bob Wilbur's next blog from the cruise. I guess he was not "in the loop" about the Worsham's letting Phil go.]

William, I read Bob Wilbur's update to the blog, and saw that he was "in the loop" the whole time and just couldn't divulge anything. If he really was out of communication for those 4 days at sea, I'm sure he was churning up inside, at least some of the time. What a way to spend your vacation, writing up a press release to the world about how your team had to let go of a great driver who did everything asked of him, for someone else (great driver too) that was bringing funding with him and would not take a salary from the team. It makes business sense, but at a human cost. Good luck Phil, and Jeff, I hope this works out well for you too.

What are you doing?....running a strip joint?
lol... what's funny about that is that the employee dining room (edr) where I use to work (the Mirage) is called the "Strip Joint." The Mirage's "Strip Joint" has about 5 to 7 different dining rooms, each one named and themed after a different hotel on the strip.

I'm working 2 full time jobs right now, the Wynn (which I love) and the Cannery. My days are numbered at the Cannery, but I can't leave them right now. They've been good to me, and no one else can do my job at this time (I can't leave them high and dry). Matter of fact they just gave me a raise two days ago (trying to entice me to stay, I think?):confused: I'll hang on there as long as I can and get some others trained...

It's not tough working so much since I enjoy what I do and there's no type of racing going on right now, but come February I'll have to re-access things --- I need time to enjoy my real passion... NHRA, F1, Champ Car, MotoGP, etc.:)

Sorry for the thread derailment...:eek:

lol... what's funny about that is that the employee dining room (edr) where I use to work (the Mirage) is called the "Strip Joint." The Mirage's "Strip Joint" has about 5 to 7 different dining rooms, each one named and themed after a different hotel on the strip.

I'm working 2 full time jobs right now, the Wynn (which I love) and the Cannery. My days are numbered at the Cannery, but I can't leave them right now. They've been good to me, and no one else can do my job at this time (I can't leave them high and dry). Matter of fact they just gave me a raise two days ago (trying to entice me to stay, I think?):confused: I'll hang on there as long as I can and get some others trained...

It's not tough working so much since I enjoy what I do and there's no type of racing going on right now, but come February I'll have to re-access things --- I need time to enjoy my real passion... NHRA, F1, Champ Car, MotoGP, etc.:)

Sorry for the thread derailment...:eek:

Damn Vince, how you can swing 16 hr. days is beyond me! But I bet your making some good bank!;)

Damn Vince, how you can swing 16 hr. days is beyond me! But I bet your making some good bank!;)

I hate to say that I'm getting use to it, I want to enjoy my time doing things that I love, especially being with my loved ones, but I am getting use to it a little. It also helps that I like what I'm doing, especially at the Wynn, and you're right Joe, the money isn't to bad either --- could always be better, but I'm not complaining.

I'd be doing even better if I were a dealer at the Wynn though...
...and I'm going to be going to Dealer's School sometime next year.

Well at least they called a spade a spade this time...anybody remember the spin doctoring that went on when Frank P. got the boot for oil tycoon Johnny Gray?

Tony, What spin doctoring? Please elaborate, I missed that one.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back