Burkart out at Worsham...Arend in (1 Viewer)

:eek:
Extremely happy for Jeff! Congrats man!
Extremely bummed for Phil.
Tough choices!:(

If I am reading between the lines correctly, money was brought to the table.

Hopefully Phil will land somewhere else, it's good to have Arend back but definitely not at the expense of Phil. Phil took out a lot of heavy hitters over the years and may be one of the few drivers to have a winning record against John Force.

That doesn't make sense, why would you release a man that netted you a well-deserved win in a tough season?

Which is why they say "Racin' is politics." :rolleyes:

Jeff Arend! YOU DA MAN!!!!!!

Congratulations Jeff on your new ride at Worsham racing. I'm sorry for Phil but very happy for you. Only bad side is you're not going to be in a McKinney car :mad: But I guess I can deal with that ;) They are all gonna see that you are one of the best out there now. Good luck buddy! Looking forward to seeing you next year. bOb

I merged the 2 threads related to this. We don't need more than one..

I'm happy for Jeff..

Good luck to Phil..he's a hell of a driver.

That doesn't make sense, why would you release a man that netted you a well-deserved win in a tough season?

Amen!! Based on 2006 results, Worsham should have fired himself and also his crew chief. Whoops, can't do that cause they both sign the checks.

Its all about the benjamins and Jeff can bring more financial help than Phil. Del clearly stated that in his announcement.

Your right though, it does suck for Phil. I honestly feel he's one of the best pure drivers out there, as I watched him progress up through the ranks and pay his dues locally, then on a national level, but has landed on the sideline due to the NHRA juggernaut and Evil Empire teams. Its pretty frickin' sad!:mad:

I just don't understand these sponsors!

I, like everyone else, would love to see this agreement benefit the Worshams and Jeff and Wendy. However, I can't see how a company that is trying to attact college graduates with huge student loan debts as a viable sponsor.
We'll never know how much money Erie has brought to the teams. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this will not last very long into the season. JMHO

I, like everyone else, would love to see this agreement benefit the Worshams and Jeff and Wendy. However, I can't see how a company that is trying to attact college graduates with huge student loan debts as a viable sponsor.
We'll never know how much money Erie has brought to the teams. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this will not last very long into the season. JMHO

Jeff's wifes name is Windy for all of those wondering and you can check out his website at Jeff Arend - NHRA Nitro Funny Car Driver.

Erie Educational Services has been in drag racing for the past few years now. They were involved with Doug Foley and his Top Fuel team through their Erie Processing namesake and were helping Jeff last year on a limited basis running the NHRA circuit.

Jeff is as the statistics suggest, one of the best leavers in the sport today. A perfect example of his skill is highlighted by his ability to step into a funny car on a part time basis and still have a better average light than every other competitor in the class.

I wish him and the Worshams the best of luck next season.

Jeff's wifes name is Windy for all of those wondering and you can check out his website at Jeff Arend - NHRA Nitro Funny Car Driver.

his skill is highlighted by his ability to step into a funny car on a part time basis and still have a better average light than every other competitor in the class.

I wish him and the Worshams the best of luck next season.

Most part timers have great lights because they are just that "part time" and
need to showcase their skills. Less chance of error when they are not at the track for every event. Not knocking Jeff or any part timer. Wish him the best of luck, this seems to be the best ride he has had and probably some of the best people to work with in drag racing imo.

Most part timers have great lights because they are just that "part time" and
need to showcase their skills. Less chance of error when they are not at the track for every event.
Huh???? Now there's some logic I never would've ever come up with on my own.

Congrats to Jeff!

Its all about the benjamins and Jeff can bring more financial help than Phil. Del clearly stated that in his announcement.

Your right though, it does suck for Phil. I honestly feel he's one of the best pure drivers out there, as I watched him progress up through the ranks and pay his dues locally, then on a national level, but has landed on the sideline due to the NHRA juggernaut and Evil Empire teams. Its pretty frickin' sad!:mad:

Bingo, said it all in the first sentence! :)

Love to see it for Jeff
Hate to see it for Phil
Props to Del for being honest as to why
Good luck to all these guys in '07

I know it's a reality based decision, but it's still very sad! :( Phil is one of my favorites and I loved knowing that he could make some of the high dollar teams get a case of the nerves when racing him.

I hope someone is smart enough to pick him up as a driver and wish him the best of luck. Hope we see you back in 2007.

I hate to see Phil go (though Force can sleep a little better now, he always had his number for some reason) but I am happy for Jeff and Windy. Good luck to Worsham Racing next year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back