Buddy Ingersoll Passes (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
I read on another board that Buddy has passed. He had some fast cars over the years. RIP Buddy.

His V6 turbo Buick back in the 80's was a very cool car...so cool, NHRA banned it from PS...RIP

I was only 10 or 12 when that car was running ... but I distinctly remember the collective hand wringing over that car. Though the combination was never fully realized, the rest of the PS pits were shaking in their shoes.

Condolences to all friends and family.

Sad news indeed. I was (am) a huge Glidden fan, but Buddy was 100% correct when he said that you can't walk into a dealership and buy a new big block Camaro or T-bird, but you absolutely could walk into any Buick dealer and buy a turbocharged V6 Regal, so why couldn't he run it in pro/stock? Made sense then , makes sense now. RIP Buddy...

I loved that car, it was so different at the time. I seem to recall him winning a comp race when he broke on the burnout, the other guys was used to not hearing him so didn't notice and red lighted.

Thoughts to his family

Buddy was a good man. He had a real talent for understanding what made racecars fast. Some can learn and some never get it. Buddy learned from every car he ever raced and put it to good use. He was always good to have a conversation with.

My sincere condolences to Mark and the rest of his family and friends.

Has anyone seen any information on the services?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back