Line and Buddy RACED! (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
Lost in all the hub bud yesterday was that Buddy and Jason actually raced.

FWIW: Even 'tho Jason's chances were pretty slim, I think it's pretty commendable Buddy wasn't expected to lay down.

PS: In Pro-Stock, I'm more a fan of AJ in the Mopar but can't whine about team rules.

PSS: Slim chances or none, if it were MY team, Buddy would have had a flat tire or something :p

>> 2 Jason Line 256 Buddy Perkinson
E2 0.049 6.685 211.43 ****WINNER**** 0.025 6.567 211.96
Prior rounds:
E1 (G Stanfield ) 0.024 6.560 211.76 (B Massel ) 0.017 6.680 207.02
Qualified: #2 6.543 212.16 #7 6.556 211.43

Line is 2 - 0 against Perkinson in prior events. Line's tie with Edwards was resolved last round and, once again, he has a much win race.
Perkinson gets a big head start, but doesn't need it, as Line's Camaro goes dead right off the line and he las to pump the throttle.

Line chases, but to no avail.

Buddy Perkinson's MOV: 0.1427 seconds (approximately 44 feet). r Buddy Perkinson's incremental times: 60ft-0.989 sec., 330ft-2.762, 660ft-4.235/167.24 mph, 1,000ft-5.502.
>>

I couldn't believe it either. We were watching on ESPN3 and my Dad said "gee, wonder who is going to win this round?" And we both laughed. Then they went down the track heads up and we were shocked. I have been critical of that team's tactics on more than one occasion, so I will tip my cap to them for racing yesterday.

Yep, I caught that as well, and give that team a lot of respect for racing each other, for real.

didn't surprise me one bit.

sure was great to see ricky jones get his first win....highlite of the entire show last night.

he get's his motors from (freeman?), the same guy that gray was with?
anyone know who (freeman?) will be doing motors for next year?

sure was great to see ricky jones get his first win....highlite of the entire show last night.

Ditto that! Seeing that emotion made the show, and my day for that matter. That's the good stuff.... ;)

And in the "For what it's worth" department. I was surprised at the outcome of the Line Perkinson match-up. But refreshing, nonetheless to see how it played out. Kudos to ALL teams that play it straight up in this corporate age.

Sean D

he get's his motors from (freeman?), the same guy that gray was with?
anyone know who (freeman?) will be doing motors for next year?

Just to let you know.... Richard and I partnered together just less than a yea ago today. We bought all the engines and equipment from my last shop in NC. We moved everything here to OK and started to pick up right where I left off in NC. Our initial pan was just to run a limited amount of races with Richard's car and Rickie Jones driving. Then one thing lead to another and we started working with the Gray's and supplied them power for the entire 2013 season. We are working on programs right now as we speak but nothing etched in stone as of yet. I'm hoping within a week or so we will have an announcement. But as far as the shop goes, its work as usual. We are continuing to work on our Pro Stock program. We also are doing Sportsman engines in here from Stock, Super Category, Pro Mod and Comp engines. So whether we run a full time Pro Stock car or not Elite Performance will stay busy...

nick, thank you for your comments.
would it be a fair assessment to say that your shop / summit / allen johnson / cagnazzi / mike edwards
are all making very similar horsepower rite now? would you add anyone to this list?
on this public forum can you offer any opinions, either good or bad, about the present state of PS racing?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back