Bruce Litton Accident (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
Anyone hear about Bruce Litton having an accident in his TF car... last I heard he had a concussion, 7 injury to his arm... nothing else...

Anyone hear about Bruce Litton having an accident in his TF car... last I heard he had a concussion, 7 injury to his arm... nothing else...

He's had a couple John but it's been a few years. I don't know of anything recently.

Bob
Team Panuzzo

The IHRA coverage on Drag Race Central has a little info on his crash today at Epping

D

lots of broken bones..collar bone and in and out of conciousness. The MEDFLIGHTed him down to Boston for Level 1 trauma support. All of our hearts are with him....

BRUCE LITTON SUFFERS CONCUSSION AND SEVERE LACERATION TO RIGHT ARM

EPPING, NH – As of 6:30 PM, EST, Top Fuel racer Bruce Litton from Indianapolis is still at Massachusetts General in Boston after being transported following an accident at New England Dragway. According to crewchief Richard Hartman, Litton has a concussion but it is a large gash in his right arm and that is their largest concern at this time.

Hartman pointed out that Litton’s recollection of the run is limited and is upset at letting the car get away from him.

“Bruce is alert and in as good of spirits as he can be,” Hartman said. “He is cracking jokes and has even made the comment that he only pedaled it twice. He’s already asking me how quick we can have a new car ready to go.”

Doctors are expected soon to make a decision if he will be released or admitted overnight for observation.

Just checked on DRO, Apparently Bruce hit the wall hard while in a pedalfest! Hope Bruce is OK!

Last edited:
Now there's a cynical response if I ever heard one. Geez.

???

Maybe I missed something but the post seemed pretty straightforward. I would think individuals above the "casual fan" level would like to know if it was structural failure, chunking tires, or in this case an apparent driver error that caused the crash.

Best wishes to Bruce and my hopes for a speedy and complete recovery.

???

Maybe I missed something but the post seemed pretty straightforward. I would think individuals above the "casual fan" level would like to know if it was structural failure, chunking tires, or in this case an apparent driver error that caused the crash.

My thoughts exactly, you were just pointing out how it happened! Nothing cynical about that.

sent the video to beserko, just so happen to be hanging with berrtozzi and shoe at top end and got my cam phone out , surprised no fans were hit with flying parts and pcs , stuff was landing /hitting motorhomes etc etc evrywhere. on another note congrats to my buddy jimmy " shoe" harrington for winning super stock , hated to see him and anthony have to go up against each other with 8 cars left but thats racing . doug p, great hanging with u friday night i'll give yu call soon. congrats to my bud and track local jack webster for being number 4 qualifer in hot rod as well. see u next yr ol jackie jack.

???

I think I missed something too because now apparently something is missing.

???

What looked to happen was a right rear tire failure, but it was difficult to see with all the smoke. So, I did receive a tape of the accident and it looked like on his last pedal (last of 5), the rear of the car swung around ultra-quick and the tire went down at the same time (or it caused the rear to swing)...anyway, once he impacted the wall it was spectacular. The car hit right at the seam between two of the jersey barriers and pushed them back roughly 4-5 feet, then the car rode the wall for another 600' before coming to a stop. The right side of the motor was ground down, due to riding the wall and parts flew everywhere, especially into the pits.

Thankfully the crew was right on him and had him extracated in a very smooth and careful manner. It was very scary to say the least. Thankfully, he is looking good and will be back home soon.

Where did this info come from?

This is from IHRA.com, on sunday. No updates as yet.

EPPING, NH – As of 6:30 PM, EST, Top Fuel racer Bruce Litton from Indianapolis is still at Massachusetts General in Boston after being transported following an accident at New England Dragway. According to crewchief Richard Hartman, Litton has a concussion but it is a large gash in his right arm and that is their largest concern at this time.

Hartman pointed out that Litton’s recollection of the run is limited and is upset at letting the car get away from him.

“Bruce is alert and in as good of spirits as he can be,” Hartman said. “He is cracking jokes and has even made the comment that he only pedaled it twice. He’s already asking me how quick we can have a new car ready to go.”

Doctors are expected soon to make a decision if he will be released or admitted overnight for observation.

This is from IHRA.com, on sunday. No updates as yet.

Hey welcome back FinDude!!!

Sounds like Bruce will be OK..any updates?

Hey Pete, it's just amazing how this stuff gets twisted. No flame intended.

That's what you were hearing on the radio while I was reading he was talking and doing OK.

Yeah, it is amazing how the stories get rearranged. It changed 3-4 times while he was still in the car. They decided to Medflight him an hour south to Boston, instead of the closer 5 minute trip to the area hospital the track always uses....does that sound like he was alert, talking and ok?

Anyway, sounds like they have a handle on his condition and he may be going home soon, unless he already has. I wish Bruce a speedy and healthy recovery!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back