Bru Racing Website is Online! (1 Viewer)

Outlaw Eric

Nitro Member
logo1.png

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 03/31/2008 – Bru Racing Website is Online!

Crew Chief & Driver Eric David Bru is proud to announce the debut of the new Bru Racing website. Thank you to Shane Boyungs from Assassin Web Design for designing a modern website for the good ol’ Hot Rod. The site has all of my “What I Did Last Weekend” reports from last year and I will be updating the site over the next couple weeks with archival photos and video.

Shane did an outstanding job on it for me even though I am sure I just about drove his crazy with the “Can you change this & that” e-mails I sent him…

The real cool thing is he made it so I can go in and mess it up all the time. Then he can fix it. It keeps us both busy that way.

EDB

Bru Racing
Bru Racing »
Assassin Web Design

This is a big update since I haven't done one for a while...

normal_Doomsday_Device_2008_02.JPG

April 19 Dad and I took the Hot Rod to Eddyville and go the chassis recerted. We are good to go!

Then due to weather and other commitments, I didn't get a chance to work on the Hot Rod again until the Friday before Memorial Day. I took the day off and headed down to Mom & Dad's to work on the Hot Rod and trailer. Unfortunately is was cold, rainy and windy so I didn't get anything done. On the bright side, Dad and I met with one of the contractors that is bidding on the new shop project. I spent the rest of the day running around with Dad while he did his projects.

Saturday was also cold and windy so all we (Josh, Davey & I) did...

Read More

Do you like it or do you prefer to have all of the text and picts here?

e-Mail me at ericdavidbru @ yahoo.com

Thursday night I headed over to Dan & Joanie's to help finish up the new fuel injection system on the Top Fuel car and start loading the trailer.

Friday Tiffany and I loaded up my tools and equipment and headed down to the shop in Montezuma to work on the Hot Rod. Our Crew Guy Chad was waiting for us when we got there and helped me get the 1956 out of the trailer so we could get some work done on it.

normal_Modified_Outlaw_July_2008_02.JPG

I installed the -8 main nitrous feed line and the nitrous filter, then measured for the -6 line that will run up to the distribution block.

Read More

This update starts on Tuesday, after fighting a week of the flu (or was it food poisoning) a worn out EDB and Tiffany headed to Montezuma Saturday morning to meet up with his mom & dad (the team owners) to pick up the Hot Rod and head to Eddyville for the rest of his licensing passes. The weather forecast had improved from an 80% chance of rain to only 20% and things were looking up. I knew it was going to be a long, hot day with 90% humidity and a high in the mid 90s.

We arrived at the track around 10 and started to setup our pit over in the Pro area close to the Nitemare team who we were to help as we could. Roger Stanke also pitted his Blown Alcohol FED over in this area.

normal_The_Hot_Rod_%40_the_Drag_List_III.JPG

Read More

Update time…

This weekend the 1956 Modified/Outlaw was left at home in the trailer as I had to work on the Top Fuel car.

Dan & Joanie did all of the maintenance and work on the car between the Drag List Nationals and this weekend and had everything ready to go when I showed up Friday afternoon. Since all was ready to go we decided to head over to A-Team and pick up the new Nitemare Racing shirts.They did a fantastic job on the artwork and I think the shirts look awesome!

Many thanks to:

A Team Apparel
Prairie City, IA
515-994-9244

A Team Apparel. The little place near Prairie City.

normal_Nitemare_T-Shirt.jpg

Read More

A legal Outlaw??!!

In my mailbox today was my official NHRA Competition License!!

I am now legal in cars up to 125” down to 4.50 and 7.50 ET!!

Competition_License_01%7E0.JPG

Competition_License_02%7E0%7E1.JPG

Thank you to everyone who signed off on my license apps, without you...

Outlaw Eric

PS...now it's time for some practice passes~!

Last edited:
This update starts at 4:00 AM Saturday morning on 7-11… This was the first day I was to get the good ol’ Hot Rod out for testing so far this year. My schedule has been heavy on work/family stuff and light on racing this year. Aside from working in the shop, it has been a lean year trackside.

Due to oil-burning issues the Hot Rod has been suffering for the last 2 seasons, earlier this year I pulled the intake off the engine and discovered that we had a small leakage on the intake gaskets. I ASSumed (I know…I Know) that this was the problem for my oil-smoked exhaust problems and promptly ordered a custom set of intake gaskets from SCE Gaskets. I reassembled the Big Block. Dan, Joanie and I lit it off at the undisclosed Skunk Works facility. The engine responded well to our timing and barrel valve adjustments. All was looking good. Tiffany and I hot-lashed the valves and buttoned up the top-end of the engine.

We proceeded getting the Hot Rod ready for testing for an upcoming match race by installing the dual parachutes, fire bottles, and related hardware. Thanks to Dan, Brittany and Tiffany for their help on this as we barely made all of the upgrades prior to our 07/11 testing.

Chutes_Installed_on_the_Car_02.JPG

Chute_Levers___Fire_Buttons.JPG

Fire_Bottles_02.JPG

Fire_Bottles_01.JPG

Read More

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back