brittany (1 Viewer)

Glad I didn't pay to see Funny Car Q4 - they had an awful time with the track; 15 out of 16 cars smoked the tires with only Beckman making a full pull, a 3.90. Too green, less prep and too cold. The Torrences both put up some amazing 60 foots - .815 and .817....295+mph at the 1/8th....

watching Q and first round yesterday, it's hard to watch the red JFR top fueler and immediately think brittany/grubby. nhra is making the totally correct move putting more emphasis on the stars
and less on the cars, but honestly, i don't like these modern days where constant sponsor shuffling change colors/graphics on cars all the time. sorry, i grew up with red/bud/kenny. blue/larry/miller lite.
gold/miller/mcullough. black/super shops/garlits. yellow banana/hill. red/motorcraft/glidden. blue/gm performance/wj. there's something to be said for instant driver/brand identity. how many castrol jackets, shirts, hats, did JFR sell in the midway over the years? there were synonymous with each other......capps/napa have a great thing going. so did tony/army.

watching Q and first round yesterday, it's hard to watch the red JFR top fueler and immediately think brittany/grubby. nhra is making the totally correct move putting more emphasis on the stars
and less on the cars, but honestly, i don't like these modern days where constant sponsor shuffling change colors/graphics on cars all the time. sorry, i grew up with red/bud/kenny. blue/larry/miller lite.
gold/miller/mcullough. black/super shops/garlits. yellow banana/hill. red/motorcraft/glidden. blue/gm performance/wj. there's something to be said for instant driver/brand identity. how many castrol jackets, shirts, hats, did JFR sell in the midway over the years? there were synonymous with each other......capps/napa have a great thing going. so did tony/army.
Nothing stays the same Mike. And no sponsorship lasts forever. In addition, marketing is just a different animal now.

i get that all day long nunz, just stating the obvious. that's why your favorite nfl team (for example), never , or very rarely, changes team colors. it's continuity. fans/customers relate.
many still do a good job at it in our arena. jegs and napa would be good examples. change is inevitable, and takes time to gain traction.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back